AIRBNB and VRBO cleaning fees ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AIRBNB and VRBO cleaning fees ?

When staying in an AIRBNB or VRBO; do you expect to pay a cleaning fee?

If paying a cleaning fee - What percentage of the stay do you believe is reasonable?

Do you have any feedback or comments either way?

Thanks!

I've stayed at a few, at then end of the day the total price is agreed to an it is what it is.
    The itemized fee may show your lodging, cleaning fee, and taxes but it's still $200 a night or what ever it breaks down to.

Do I expect to pay a cleaning fee? Not really, do I pay one at a hotel? I honestly don't know. I don't really care about the itemized price, show me my total fee and I'll make the decision on weather I want to stay there or not. They can split the cost up however they want to after that.

Comment

ya pretty sure they all will have that charge. 100 seems to be the going rate nowadays

Comment

It seems standard and I know a handful of folks that travel a lot and have gone back to hotels because of them.

Charging a cleaning fee and also leaving bad feedback that the guests didn't leave the place spotless angered some folks.

Comment

Stayed in a bunch of them and all have different cleaning fees. We usually stay 5-10 days so it worked out ok. If we are just staying a couple days we usually just get hotel or B@B

Comment

$35.00 last one we stayed in...

Comment

I charge one only bc the maid that does the clean charges me that. Have you tried to hire a maid lately? The days of a 40$ clean are long gone. I wish I didn't have to but w a beach condo the sand is everywhere even with "clean" guests.
              75-100 depending on size of the unit and thats a bargain imo...

Comment

Every time I looked into one the cleaning fee was at least $100. Never ended up being cheaper than staying at a hotel

Comment

I look at that as part of the total price, unless i am doing a really short stay, i prefer them to hotels. The cleaning fee does irk me though, because i leave places very clean. All dishes washed and put up, dirty towels/sheets in a pile (or in washer if it has one), etc

Comment

Most charge what the maid service or turn over team charges. No mater how clean you leave it everything should be sanitized and wiped down. At higher end places there might be 2 people that come in behind you. A cleaner and turn over host that ensures the place is cleaned and everything in perfect order for the next guest.

The owner of the AirBNB normally is just trying to make money off the nightly rate. If the owner is cleaning they charge what they feel their time is worth. Yes its more expensive than a hotel, but their are some unique BnBs out there that are worth it.
                    AirBnB are only mathmatically "worth" if you have a 2-3 families, or a large family that would require multiple rooms at a hotel.
                    Last edited by CrownKiller14; 05-18-2022, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I have no problem with a cleaning fee, but what irks me is when they charge the cleaning fee and then put in the notes, "make sure to put all towels in the tub/washing maching, take all the sheets off the bed and the pillow cases, vacuum the floor, and wash all dishes." Am I getting the cleaning fee lol?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                        I've stayed at a few, at then end of the day the total price is agreed to an it is what it is.
                        The itemized fee may show your lodging, cleaning fee, and taxes but it's still $200 a night or what ever it breaks down to.

Do I expect to pay a cleaning fee? Not really, do I pay one at a hotel? I honestly don't know. I don't really care about the itemized price, show me my total fee and I'll make the decision on weather I want to stay there or not. They can split the cost up however they want to after that.
                        This

Comment

When we had our AirBNB we only charged what the maids charged us....we never made money off those fees.

They also required more cleaning protocols with Covid which added to the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
                            Most charge what the maid service or turn over team charges. No mater how clean you leave it everything should be sanitized and wiped down. At higher end places there might be 2 people that come in behind you. A cleaner and turn over host that ensures the place is cleaned and everything in perfect order for the next guest.

The owner of the AirBNB normally is just trying to make money off the nightly rate. If the owner is cleaning they charge what they feel their time is worth. Yes its more expensive than a hotel, but their are some unique BnBs out there that are worth it.
                            AirBnB are only mathmatically "worth" if you have a 2-3 families, or a large family that would require multiple rooms at a hotel.
                            Not always true. My brother and I stayed in a really nice two bedroom house in Taos last year. Fantastic views, everything you needed. $139.00/night. Hotel would be close to that. Hotels suck in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by FCoDxDart View Post
                              I have no problem with a cleaning fee, but what irks me is when they charge the cleaning fee and then put in the notes, "make sure to put all towels in the tub/washing maching, take all the sheets off the bed and the pillow cases, vacuum the floor, and wash all dishes." Am I getting the cleaning fee lol?

I’ve had this same thought many times lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X