X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zztex View Post
    2 of us caught a half limit on Monday afternoon in West bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's what I'm talking about. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
      I’ll reply after while
      Thanks for asking
      Please post about it later, I'm interested in your opinion too. It's a shame they don't listen more to the people who are out there every day like you are.

Comment

I’ll reply after while
        Thanks for asking
        Gracias. Looking forward to it.

Comment

I’ll reply after while
          Thanks for asking

I look forward to this as well

Comment

Grant and his buddy got into some trout yesterday

Caught about 75 to 80 between them
            This was the biggest he caught all on Paul Browns
            Attached Files

Comment

Also look forward to it.

He and captain Glenn. Those should be the voices the idiots in charge listen to

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I am curious about your take on the closure in Mesquite, Ayres, and Carlos. I know you are an oysterman and certainly have a different point of view than I do.

Or about the coast wide closure this season based on, I believe, average size caught in TPWD sampling.
                In all honesty, it would take a couple hours to discuss what has happened to the Industry in the last 20 years, much less the last 5. It’s a combination of a lot of factors that have led to the demise of the industry, mostly mismanagement by TP&W, their mission statement is to “Conserve and Protect”, nowhere in protocol is there a contingency plan, so in desperation, TPWs answer to anything in peril is to close, fish, game, waterfowl, aquatic products whatever the case may be. In all actuality, there are very few licensed Oyster Boats left in the industry, from the outside it appears the opposite because all the boats are piled into one area to work because of closures, so yes it does look frustrating to an outsider, you can only plow a field so many times, in years past when everything was open, boats basically stayed and worked in their respective counties, was no need to travel . Yes , there is a decline in oyster populations in respective areas brought about by mismanagement, droughts, storms, floods, disease etc...... HB 51 was passed to restrict the sale of undersized oysters caught by fishermen among other things, in other words , strike 3 and your out, closing areas with healthy populations of oysters only puts pressure on other areas, if TPW would model a contingency plan like our brothers to the East have done, a win , win situation would probably be available. I’m not blaming anyone who is employed by TP&W, they basically follow the protocol set before them, unless like minded individuals from all interested parties get together to advise TP&W on a plan that could and will work, I think we will only have lopsided results, although I am a Commercial Fisherman, I’m a Conservationist first, the problem with a lot of Commercial fishermen as well as Conservationists groups, they’re focused on the forest and can’t see the trees, only their opinion matters, end result....... these bays will be shut

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                  75-80! Wow i havent had a day like that in years. Congrats!

Comment

Thanks Leemo, as expected facts and perspectives I had not considered.

Seems saving these reefs is good but will cause unwanted stress on others.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      75-80! Wow i havent had a day like that in years. Congrats!
                      Yea they have really been into them for about a month and a half in the bay. You ought to see the boat there fishing out of they call it “The Bucket”. It’s a 13ft Boston Whaler that’s about 30 years old!

Comment

Yea they have really been into them for about a month and a half in the bay. You ought to see the boat there fishing out of they call it “The Bucket”. It’s a 13ft Boston Whaler that’s about 30 years old!
                        But TPWD said all the fish froze and we need reduced limits. These must be pics from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                          2 of us caught a half limit on Monday afternoon in West bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Nice fish, congratulations.

Comment

Nice one, congratulations.

Comment

Beautiful fish! Congratulations to those guys... sounds like one hell of a day!

Comment

Surf was nice this week so I ran down with the surf rods to see what I could catch. Managed some good sized whiting and a pompano.

Comment

Working...
                                X