No announcement yet.

Official Arrowhead ID Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found these over the last month or so on two different ranches down around Carrizo Springs. Any idea on the types?
    Attached Files

Comment

Forgot this one too...Was laying in the middle of the road and saw it while sitting on the front of the quail seats as we were driving. Hollered at the driver to stop after we had gone past it because it just seemed to stick out. Ran down there and this is what I found. Super thin for its size and have never seen one with the "cloudiness" that this one has. Again, no idea what it is.
      Attached Files

Comment

Anyone going to the show in De Leon on the 12th of February

Comment

I found this on my place in Edwards County.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's a paleo core. Has all the hallmarks of a Clovis artifact. Very dang nice find

Comment

Leakey area. Scraper?

Comment

[ATTACH]1081485[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1081486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1081487[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]1081493[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1081494[/ATTACH]

Comment

I found these two pictured above. Are they anything or just wishful thinking on my part???

Comment

Any ideas on this one?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                        Any ideas on this one?
                        Killer wells

Comment

Thank you, Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                            I found these two pictured above. Are they anything or just wishful thinking on my part???
                            The first one is a uniface "thumb" scraper. The second one might have been some kind of hole punch with that broken tip on top. Not sure otherwise but it's definitely been worked and it's the right kind of flint. Both are cool finds. You might have a camp around where you found them.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                              The first one is a uniface "thumb" scraper. The second one might have been some kind of hole punch with that broken tip on top. Not sure otherwise but it's definitely been worked and it's the right kind of flint. Both are cool finds. You might have a camp around where you found them.
                              Thank you very much for the information.

I'm definitely going to look a lot more going forward. These were found relatively easy. It's in an area with live water and really close to a small river. Lots of trees and a decent size flat area right there as well. Draw that forms right there and goes to the river as well (the artifacts i found and posted were in the edge of the draw). Not sure if that's a good area for a camp? Sorry so many questions I'm new to this and pretty excited about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                                Thank you very much for the information.

I'm definitely going to look a lot more going forward. These were found relatively easy. It's in an area with live water and really close to a small river. Lots of trees and a decent size flat area right there as well. Draw that forms right there and goes to the river as well (the artifacts i found and posted were in the edge of the draw). Not sure if that's a good area for a camp? Sorry so many questions I'm new to this and pretty excited about it.
                                I'm no expert either, but that sounds like an ideal area for a camp assuming the flat area is out of the flood plain (on the high side of the draw/river).

Comment

Working...
                                X