No announcement yet.

2022 - RV/Camping Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a state park pass. It will pay for itself.
    We go to Garner every year, 30+ yrs. Check out McKinney Falls. It’s in Austin, but you would never know it. Nice place.

Comment

Since you are from Taylor....try Lake Georgetown; Jim Hogg.

Comment

My wife and i are planning to head up the east coast, destination Maine with ours this spring. Not sure how long will be gone, we are going to plan as we go. Hoping getting campsites with no reservations is not too big of a problem. I will carry a generator to use as needed

Comment

If you go with friends try Big Chief on Buchanan. They have buddy spots there with lots of space between the two trailers once you're set up. Short walk to the lake and they have their own boat ramp/dock and swimming pool.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
            Yes, we primarily camped Wilson Fox in the past. We live 15mins from Granger Lake so go out there very often with the boat.
            I go out that way every winter for raptor photography. We really need to plan a stay there. My wife's family has history in Granger.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            We have several short trips planned for baseball tournaments, but we’re going to the Palo Duro Canyon in mid March and I can’t wait! I’m gonna nerd out on historical markers and the museum in Canyon.
            Palo Duro is on my list too. Hope you'll give us some info after y'all go. Should be a great trip especially before the summer heat.

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
            If anyone is in the area, come check me out! Trinitybayrvlodging.com
            I have you bookmarked for spring bird migration. Now if I can get that way in March or April.

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
            Bought our first a 1 1/2 years ago. We usually stay at State Parks and COE. Bought a State park pass a few years ago. Last spring we took a trip to Palo Duro and Caprock. At Palo Duro we had hail two nights in a row. First night wasn't bad, second was bad. 13K damage to the truck and 17K to the trailer. Trailer has been in the shop the past 8 months. Hopefully we will get it back soon.
            Agree with the passes. Every year we do the state and I have a lifetime federal park pass. Saves a ton of money at state parks and COEs and wildlife refuges that charge. Sorry about your rig.

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
            Get a state park pass. It will pay for itself.
            We go to Garner every year, 30+ yrs. Check out McKinney Falls. It’s in Austin, but you would never know it. Nice place.
            We did McKinney Falls last July 4. Not really one of our favorites but it's nice. Crowded though.

We like Lake Somerville since it's close to home and now Cagle on the north end of Lake Conroe, also close to home. There are several state parks that are favorites. We are talking about a Big Bend/Ft. Davis trip in October but a lot will depend on gas price trends when booking time gets here.

Comment

We go to Blue Water RV Resort on the Texas coast for a week during spring vacation. Crab the bay, fish the surf. This will be our second year. We caught flounder, redfish and Whiting in the surf and crabbed the bay beside the trailers. Great time.

Comment

Do you folks prefer parks or resort type places? We are SP/COE people primarily. I know younger folks tend to like the resorts more or so it seems.

Comment

We have several short trips planned for baseball tournaments, but we’re going to the Palo Duro Canyon in mid March and I can’t wait! I’m gonna nerd out on historical markers and the museum in Canyon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  We rented one of the Cow Camp cabins and it was pretty cool. It was better than dragging a TT all the way from Cypress. They sleep 4 and had a peninsula to sit the chairs on, open a beverage and watch the sun go down behind the canyon walls every evening.

Comment

Following!!!![emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

The museum at WT is really cool. My daughter lives in the apartments right across the street from the museum. She is a history minor and has spent lots of time doing research in the archives of the museum for a paper that will be published later this year in the Panhandle Plains historical review. She goes to the canyon quite a bit. Lots of good hikes there. Make sure you do the hike to the lighthouse. Its about 3 miles each way, but pretty easy till the very end.

Comment

We try to go some where at least 2 times a month. Usually just weekends to lake Waco, Whitney, or Navarro Mills.

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                          We rented one of the Cow Camp cabins and it was pretty cool. It was better than dragging a TT all the way from Cypress. They sleep 4 and had a peninsula to sit the chairs on, open a beverage and watch the sun go down behind the canyon walls every evening.

There is nothing you can rent that’s better than taking the camper to us.

I hate packing and moving in/out and sleeping in someone else’s bed

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                            Let's go!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dad gun Daryl, that’s fancy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thxs Mike! Yeah retired now, makes it easier hitting the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                                Do you folks prefer parks or resort type places? We are SP/COE people primarily. I know younger folks tend to like the resorts more or so it seems.
                                If we stay in state we mostly do COE senior discount 10 to 12 bucks a night. Out of state, private rv parks unless it's a truck stop or rest area.

Comment

Working...
                                X