Tuning arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning arrows

So what’s y’all’s preferred method of tuning arrows? I’ve am getting back into trad after a couple of years and I can’t seem to get my arrows tuned well. Waiting on weaker spine arrows to get here so I thought I would see everyone’s preferred method.

I use the O.L. Adcock method, using 3 fletched and 3 unfletched arrows.

For our first entry here I'm going to put up a document about basic bow tuning. Later I will also add some more advanced information. This one is long, but well worth the read. Bow Tuning By O.L. Adcock Before we jump into this, what I'm about to say and recommend is contrary to what you'll hear from some of the sacred cows in the traditional bow world. That's fine, sacred cows make the best hamburger! Bow tuning is a pet peeve of mine and here's why. Back 30-40 years ago I was young, dumb, and a bit cocky. I was a AA NFAA shooter and was enjoying either winning tournaments or at least giving the big boys a run for their money. I had used a tuning method recommended by the old timers and the better shots around the area. I was just coming off a good win and the club held an annual broadhead tournament. So the morning of the tournament I unscrewed my

Comment

New set up I just start with a shaft that should be close according to the calculator. Start full length with the tip weight I have selected then trim as needed to get good flight. I'm usually less than a half inch difference than what the calculator predicted.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I paper tune with fletched arrows till I get a bullet hole. Then I use a bare shaft to fine tune and make any final adjustments necessary.

Bisch

Comment

Paper test only.

Sent from my SM-J260AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Bisch - at what range is step 1… paper tuning fletched?

Comment

Working...
            X