Prostate question/opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leverhunter View Post
    Are you taking any treatment besides the fenben ?
    No. I am on Active Surveillance protocol. PSA every three months. MRI and possibly biopsy based on PSA results.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
      No. I am on Active Surveillance protocol. PSA every three months. MRI and possibly biopsy based on PSA results.

Interesting about the Fenben. Don't know if it has the same effect on testostorne as Lupron. I did four months of Lupron and PSA went to 0.1. Three months after last lupron injection PSA was 1.0 and testostorne was coming back up. We will see what next checkup in six-months shows.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
        Interesting about the Fenben. Don't know if it has the same effect on testostorne as Lupron. I did four months of Lupron and PSA went to 0.1. Three months after last lupron injection PSA was 1.0 and testostorne was coming back up. We will see what next checkup in six-months shows.
        Yeah very interesting. I had surgery in 2017 and radiation in 2019. Recently psa started rising and lupron pushed psa to less than .02 but would rather not stay on it. Before going on lupron I let the psa rise planning to let it increase until the source was found and and do a spot radiation treatment which is also starting soon. If fenben alone is reducing psa that may be the best course.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
          It can be confusing. I have prostate cancer. Lesions verified by MRI and positive biopsy on said lesions, but my PSA has been going down. I have another MRI scheduled for Jan. 31 at University of Iowa medical center. My PSA going down might be attributed to the alternative treatment (Fenben) that I have been taking. We will see.

I would get one more PSA done to verify the numbers. Two out of three should give you a more accurate baseline.

Keep us updated on your progress. I just went on the lupron but would rather not stay on. Fenben may be the best course.
          Good Luck !

Comment

Wait three months and go get a second opinion. If they were concerned they would of done a biopsy. Not uncommon to get false numbers. Any type of sexual activity prior to testing can cause it to rise.get yourself a book called “100 guestions and answers about Prostate cancer by Pamela Ellsworth MD.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've set up another test with a completely different testing facility so should be able to figure it out.

Comment

Working...
              X