Hagerman Segment C Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
    What an incredible weekend it was! Yes the deer activity was slow and weather disappointing but still a terrific experience. I got my golden ticket doe on Friday morning so was riding that high through a no-sightings Saturday. On Sunday my son and I packed up our ground blinds at noon, took a scenic drive through the refuge with the windows down to cool off after the workout of hauling our gear out (no ebikes here), then returned to hunt the afternoon from folding chairs tucked into the brush. My son hunted over a heavy trail in an area we knew held does. At 4:57p I get a text from him that he shot a doe and saw it go down! I could not have been more thrilled. She actually came in behind him and had spooked but then came back. He had to make a bold move to get in position to shoot behind him, so he got off his stool and spun around to quickly get on target and take a shot. Perfect double lung and earned his golden ticket on Sunday evening, so now we get to hunt together again next year! A dad couldn't ask for a better gift.

On top of everything else, we made a great new friend in Pistol! Just a terrific person and we so enjoyed talking with her in the mornings and evenings and updating each other throughout the day. First rate all the way. She certainly lives up to her profile name and was a great person to share the woods with!
    Congratulations on the two does! I bet you get a chance a big one next year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jared View Post
      It’s refreshing to know there are still people out there that will look out for others without expecting anything. It was nice to meet and talk to new people with similar interests.
      Hagerman at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
        What an incredible weekend it was! Yes the deer activity was slow and weather disappointing but still a terrific experience. I got my golden ticket doe on Friday morning so was riding that high through a no-sightings Saturday. On Sunday my son and I packed up our ground blinds at noon, took a scenic drive through the refuge with the windows down to cool off after the workout of hauling our gear out (no ebikes here), then returned to hunt the afternoon from folding chairs tucked into the brush. My son hunted over a heavy trail in an area we knew held does. At 4:57p I get a text from him that he shot a doe and saw it go down! I could not have been more thrilled. She actually came in behind him and had spooked but then came back. He had to make a bold move to get in position to shoot behind him, so he got off his stool and spun around to quickly get on target and take a shot. Perfect double lung and earned his golden ticket on Sunday evening, so now we get to hunt together again next year! A dad couldn't ask for a better gift.

On top of everything else, we made a great new friend in Pistol! Just a terrific person and we so enjoyed talking with her in the mornings and evenings and updating each other throughout the day. First rate all the way. She certainly lives up to her profile name and was a great person to share the woods with!

I live nearby, if you want any scouting help let me know! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X