AMC Entertainment Stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMC Entertainment Stocks

I’ve been watching a fairly consistent waive in this stock for a year. Looks like a short term investment from low to high could do well. Lockdown last year caused a tank to around 2 dollars and then rebounded to around 72 dollars when things opened back up. ( pounding sand) Any of you guys invested? What to the stock gurus think? I have money sitting idle and probably should put it to work somewhere. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I wouldn't put it into the AMC stock. (Meme stocks). Find a good stock mutual fund and let it ride for years. No need to play the volatility of that. But at the end of the day, it's your money and your choice.

Comment

Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole personally. It's more volatile than crypto at this point. Markets are impossible to time, so a few will make a lot and most will lose on it.

I would rather put money on the slow and steady.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

i played the AMC game when it was at $7/share and got out in the mid $40's - I wouldn't go back in on it at this point, but am glad I caught the initial wave - made a nice little chunk of change on the "meme stock"

at this point the folks that are investing in AMC are intentionally trying to make hedge funds suffer and their theories on it are getting borderline Qanon type conspiracies

Comment

I wouldn't buy unless you have time to keep up with Wallstreetbets on Reddit and see when they're pumping it. There is money to be made with options on AMC, but again you need the time to stay on top of what the stock is going to do.

Comment

I would avoid AMC. Company #s don't support the valuation, and theaters may not survive the change in behavior of it customers. I have a few Cinemark (5 or so) and wouldn't buy them again. I have been buying "T", ATT, and American Airlines for long 2 year + investments. I think they are both good buys at current pricing.

Comment

T has a scary high dividend right now. Makes me wonder if they're about to tank on some bad reports.

But if one ignores feelings T could be a great buy down here.

Comment

Even shorting it is a risky proposition........as others have said, it's probably best to just steer clear of it.

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
                  at this point the folks that are investing in AMC are intentionally trying to make hedge funds suffer
                  Has it been working?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    Has it been working?
                    to the best of my knowledge, no it has not

that being said - I quit doing "research" on it and keeping up daily a few months ago

Comment

Ok guys. I really appreciate the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        T has a scary high dividend right now. Makes me wonder if they're about to tank on some bad reports.

But if one ignores feelings T could be a great buy down here.
                        T has been paying 7%(+/-) dividend for years.

Comment

I dont mind playing with meme stocks, but treat the money put into them as if you would throw into a fire.

Comment

I got in at $30.00 and it ran up to 42-43 something like that and I sold enough to cover my initial investment on there dime now. Hope it flies sky high.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                              I got in at $30.00 and it ran up to 42-43 something like that and I sold enough to cover my initial investment on there dime now. Hope it flies sky high.
                              That’s what I’ve been thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X