X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Grinded out about 40 fish. Mixed bag of everything that will hit gulp under a cork. Got tough when the water quit moving. But still found a enough rat reds to keep from getting bored. Curious what other folks strategy is when the water just plain stops under a blue bird sky? (My worst 2 conditions)
      You just have to wait it out. Slack tide and high pressure days are both tough and together you are going to have a slow bite for awhile. There isn't really a strategy except stay on them and wait for the water to start moving again.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
        You just have to wait it out. Slack tide and high pressure days are both tough and together you are going to have a slow bite for awhile. There isn't really a strategy except stay on them and wait for the water to start moving again.
        I was hoping you would respond. What do you do with your customers that have payed for half a day in this situation? Reason i ask is becouse i had a guide at Freeport pull up and anchor within earshot with some customers. He was trying to keep the group positve, but man the kiddos were ripping him a new one. Especially everytime they saw my buddy catching hardheads back to back to back on gulp. It was very apparent they hadnt caught anything/much all morning. Do you go into dead shrimp traveler trout mode in a sutuation like that? Or do you still contine on for quality over quantity?

Comment

No, I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever try to catch a hardhead. Ever. Never. Period. I catch way too many of them as it is without trying to catch them.

IMO when the fishing is slow and the bite is tough you need to just really slow down and just fish. Stay where you know the fish are, slow down and just fish. If and when they eat you'll catch some. When it's slow and the bite is tough it is hard to slow down and not want to run all over the place to try different spots and different things. You want to try to make something happen but in the end you just make it worse if you run around all over the place.

We all have slow days. We all have days where the bite is tough. The fish do what the fish are gonna do and so we all have days we struggle. What I do is slow down and fish hard and try to be in the right place when they fire up. Some days it works, some days it doesn't. Some days we are the windshield and some days we are the bug. It's fishing. We also all make the wrong call some days. We try stuff that doesn't work like we thought it should. Sometimes you zig when you should have zagged. Again, it's fishing. Go out, work hard at it, keep a positive attitude and enjoy your day on the water. Best advice I can give. We get 'em more days than we don't... but its not every day.

And trust me, this year after the freeze has hammered that home. I've been very fortunate and we have caught lots of fish this year but I have also had alot more tough and marginal days this year than normal as well.

Comment

Like he said. Slow down, down size your lure and don't leave fish to find fish when it slows down. Stay positive and wait em out.

Comment

Slack tide is break time for lunch or dinner!

We moved a cabin this weekend so almost no time for fishing but we got a few trout after dark. Big kid got a new drone to play with. I need to get a hold of his vids to to get some stills from them. He had a dolphin trying to splash it with her tail when he got too close and swam sideways watching it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Slack tide is break time for lunch or dinner!

We moved a cabin this weekend so almost no time for fishing but we got a few trout after dark. Big kid got a new drone to play with. I need to get a hold of his vids to to get some stills from them. He had a dolphin trying to splash it with her tail when he got too close and swam sideways watching it.
                thats pretty neat. I keep thinking about a drone to play with it. Just afraid of it collecting dust when the new wears off.

Comment

My youngest now has a new DRONE. His last one decided it wanted to be a fish finder not far from that shot you posted. We were in the middle of the jetties & it dove in & never resurfaced.

Comment

Sunday was one of those days where we had to weed through about 75 fish to find a few keepers. Plenty of action, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a pretty good morning with Capt. Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                        We had a pretty good morning with Capt. Glenn.

Nice haul Phillip!

Comment

I'd say so. Job well done Phillip

Comment

Looks like a great trip.

Comment

Nice Philip... you got the cutest kid!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Are the bulls running the Jetties at POC yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X