No announcement yet.

Let's make a fishing lure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is looking great Kevin, very nice details of your work, good luck.

Comment

Nice!!!

Can’t wait to see a pic of it hanging out a fish’s mouth.

Comment

Awesome work! In for the finished product….

Comment

Very cool project. Looks great so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My sons makes jointed baits. He takes his wood carved “ model” and makes a mold. Then casts the baits out of resin and paints them. Can’t wait to see your finished.

Comment

Thats pretty cool! If I made one I'm sure first couple casts I would bust it off somehow!

Comment

Cool thread. Bet that thing will catch fish when you get er finished out all the way.

I'm reminded of meeting Jack Smithwick, of the Devil's Horse line of lures. He was a high school classmate of my Dad's, and we toured his factory once. He showed us the first lure he made -- whittled out of a broom handle.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  My sons makes jointed baits. He takes his wood carved “ model” and makes a mold. Then casts the baits out of resin and paints them. Can’t wait to see your finished.
                  I'd love to see some of those. Post a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                    Thats pretty cool! If I made one I'm sure first couple casts I would bust it off somehow!
                    That happened to one I did. About five casts in I hung it on something and broke it off. It's part of the game, losing them.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
                      That happened to one I did. About five casts in I hung it on something and broke it off. It's part of the game, losing them.
                      With this in mind, what type wire do you use for the the tie on loops and such??

Comment

Stainless leader wire. I got a lot of it but it's out of the package so I'm not sure of the size. I'll find out and post it.

Comment

This morning I cut out the bill. I made it a bit oversize so I can "tune" the lure. (Make it run straight). I used Lexan.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I used a two part epoxy. I'll use the same epoxy as a clear coat after painting.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I put some duct tape on the bench and mix the epoxy on it and get the bill in straight as I can. When your done just pull up the tape and throw it away.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X