Texas muledeer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas muledeer Question

What feed attracts muledeer better? We have a lot of muledeer but they are not coming to the corn very good. Is there anything that draws them in better than corn?

protein pellets and alfalfa

Comment

Try pouring the corn in a trough or modifying your feeder so it drops all the corn in a pile.

Comment

Protien alfalfa and sweet feed

Comment

alfalfa like stated, also not sure if your feeders have pens around it but if so having one or two with no pen may help tremendously. least on my place they will hit the feeders with no pens good but very rare on feeders in pens.

Comment

It's so green at our place right now, the mulies ain't coming to corn. Rarely do until later in the season when it gets cold. They love alfalfa, cottonseed, etc.

Comment

I think it varies depending on the part of the state your in. Alfalfa and apples are the king, in the sw panhandle.

Comment

Alfalfa generally after first freeze in fall.
                Cottonseed seed, but warmer months they usually won’t touch it.
                Protein pellets year around.
                Once they are on cottonseed, deer seem to prefer this out of the 3 above.

If range conditions are good and green, they will hardly touch any supplemental feed.

Comment

Alfalfa and sweet feed

Comment

Originally posted by bowtec8 View Post
                    What feed attracts muledeer better? We have a lot of muledeer but they are not coming to the corn very good. Is there anything that draws them in better than corn?
                    Had the same issue. This year I started using sweet feed and it has been a game changer. I’ve had more mule deer on my feeders the last month than I’ve had the last 15 years. No joking!!

Comment

Mule deer are finicky in my experience. We have a corn feeder they will hit (as long as there’s water in the trough) then another feeder they won’t regardless of what we put out (corn, sweet feed, protein, apples, cotton seed) even though it has water. Neighbors a few miles down can’t get ’em to hit feed either.

Comment

Good ole wheat field always works

Comment

Working...
                        X