Clean out sink drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean out sink drain

Wife’s bathroom sink is also the drain for the ac. I’m thinking the constant slight flow of water causes a buildup. It drains slow. I’ve taken out the p trap and snaked it before. Never hit a clog but Worked fine for a while. Drain cleaner helped but ate through a drain gasket at the sink and didn’t last long. What should I use? I feel like the pipe in the wall/slab needs to be cleaned almost like a cylinder hone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blow it out with compressed air.

Comment

Use household vinegar---changes the ph enough the scum/algae won't thrive. Also, use household bleach to dissolve the hair in the drain.

Comment

Find the drain from the air handler of the house AC. There should be a way to pour about a cup of bleach down the drain line to the sink on it. Do that 2x a year and good to go. If it's bad clogged, run an air hose to it, and blow it out. Be sure and place a towel in the sink, you don't want to clean up that mess if you don't. Ask me how I know.

Comment

Did you pull the stopper out and clean all of the hair out?

Comment

So you are saying you already cleaned out the p trap, and the AC is flowing condensate water into the drain OK, and you think the clog is in the wall somewhere down the pipe line from the p trap, right? That is the problem I am having right now. I know going into the attic and running a snake straight down the vent line will clean out a clog in the wall, but anyone know of any other way? Apologize, don’t mean to hijack your thread, but I may have the same plumbing problem. Thanks for answers, suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
              So you are saying you already cleaned out the p trap, and the AC is flowing condensate water into the drain OK, and you think the clog is in the wall somewhere down the pipe line from the p trap, right? That is the problem I am having right now. I know going into the attic and running a snake straight down the vent line will clean out a clog in the wall, but anyone know of any other way? Apologize, don’t mean to hijack your thread, but I may have the same plumbing problem. Thanks for answers, suggestions.
              Pull the stopper out of the sink and clean that part out. Pull the pee trap so you can see straight down. Lots of hair and funk in there!

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                Did you pull the stopper out and clean all of the hair out?
                My money is on this being your problem.

Comment

Run hot water and vinegar in the sink and then plunging it with a plunger .

Comment

Get you some Thrift

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Clean out sink drain

Thanks all. Condensate drains fine it’s the sink. Brand new drain/stopper so not that. P trap looked fine when I changed the drain so pretty sure it’s in the wall. Snake down the wall knocked something loose last time and all was well for a year or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thrift is good stuff. I use it a couple times a year.

Comment

Clean out sink drain

If Liquid Fire doesn’t clean it out it can’t be cleaned out.
                          Do not get it on you or anything else, it’s some tough stuff. It’s so strong that it comes in a red plastic jug sealed in a plastic bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have the exact same problem at my sink in the master bathroom. The ac line meets just above the sink p-trap but the clog happens in the wall past the sink and backs up the sink. Typically, it will go down eventually, indicating it is slightly less the 100% clogged. So what I’ve done successfully a couple of times is after it’s gone down as far as it will go, I boil a big pot of water on the stove and then pour it into the drain until it just starts backing up into the sink. Then I wait and when it goes down a little I pour some more. It usually goes down faster and faster as the hot water melts whatever is clogging it. By the time the big pot of water is gone, I can usually just turn on the hot water at the sink and basically let the whole water heater full flow through the line and that gets it draining at full speed. It usually gets clogged when the sink hasn’t been used very much for hot water.
                            Last edited by Snakelover; 10-13-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Liquid Fire is the BEST

Comment

Working...
                              X