• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, the ump is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
      Yeah 4th pitch on Grandal was a STRIKE and he called it a ball. This ump is BS. Grandal purposely ran towards the first baseman to interfere. Especially being a left handed batter he didn't take the most direct line to the base he was a good 3 foot in the grass.

This Ump is obviously on the Sox payroll.
      Agreed. The HP Ump is terrible. But how about Baker screwing up his bullpen management again?! Baker is terrible with pitching decisions. If the Stros win the DS, or LCS, or WS, it will be in spite of Baker. This team’s offense may be so good that he can screw up the pitching decisions and they still win, but it won’t be because he made a good call on a pitcher/hitter match-up decision.

Comment

Last pitch to Altuve showed the bias of the HP Ump. That was a ball when Raley was pitching to Sox batters everytime BUT when it's thrown to an Astros batter it's strike 3. That HP Ump needs glasses. Wish he would of be injured when the Sox player slid into him.

Comment

Ball called for a strike was the only way to finish that game out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah 4th pitch on Grandal was a STRIKE and he called it a ball. This ump is BS. Grandal purposely ran towards the first baseman to interfere. Especially being a left handed batter he didn't take the most direct line to the base he was a good 3 foot in the grass.

There is no base line until a play is being made on the runner. If a runner led off of first base and walked to right field he is ok to do so, once a play is made on the runner then the base line is the straightest line from him and second base if that’s the base he is going to. But yes, he was running in the grass to disrupt the play, next time throw it at his face, I bet he gets out of the way.

Comment

I wish a team could challenge a bad strike/ball call to be reviewed but the game would last 12 hours. Sad the Ump makes so many bad calls. The worst of them needs firing and replaced. It must be really hard to call all of them correct but dam.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                I wish a team could challenge a bad strike/ball call to be reviewed but the game would last 12 hours. Sad the Ump makes so many bad calls. The worst of them needs firing and replaced. It must be really hard to call all of them correct but dam.....
                Its one thing to miss them now and then or even a borderline pitch. Its another thing to miss one thats 6" out of the box or to call that same pitch in the favor for the home team

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
                  There is no base line until a play is being made on the runner. If a runner led off of first base and walked to right field he is ok to do so, once a play is made on the runner then the base line is the straightest line from him and second base if that’s the base he is going to. But yes, he was running in the grass to disrupt the play, next time throw it at his face, I bet he gets out of the way.
                  This. Look up Skunk in the Outfield play. I taught it to my kids. I learned I had to verse the umps on it before I ran it so they didnt make the wrong call.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                    Agreed. The HP Ump is terrible. But how about Baker screwing up his bullpen management again?! Baker is terrible with pitching decisions. If the Stros win the DS, or LCS, or WS, it will be in spite of Baker. This team’s offense may be so good that he can screw up the pitching decisions and they still win, but it won’t be because he made a good call on a pitcher/hitter match-up decision.
                    This also. My said basically the same thing over and over this season in my text group. Baker reminds me of Switzer and the Cowboys. Baker wont help them win it but he will dang sure keep them from winning it with his pitching management.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                      Originally posted by rtp View Post
                      This also. My said basically the same thing over and over this season in my text group. Baker reminds me of Switzer and the Cowboys. Baker wont help them win it but he will dang sure keep them from winning it with his pitching management.
                      That was a ****show. Yes, and when we win the World Series in spite of him, they will call us racist for firing him. He’s a nice guy, but he sucks as a manager. Don’t hit me with his managerial record. I’ve watched every game and I know what I see

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                        that was a ****show. Yes, and when we win the world series in spite of him, they will call us racist for firing him. He’s a nice guy, but he sucks as a manager. Don’t hit me with his managerial record. I’ve watched every game and i know what i see
                        ^^^^^ yepper!

Comment

This, that pitch is what changed the Astros momentum in the game. Ump $”@&$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Complain all you want the umps don’t make the WS hit bombs off our lackluster pitching. We got spanked and we’ll be back strong to close this one out.

Comment

HP ump was animated when he would strike out an Astro...( reminded me of Frank from Naked Gun)...but when he rang up a WS player...he would just raise his hand.....

Grandal was a heads up but bush league play on his part...it was intentional for sure but it worked....I would plunk him tonight.....but they wont....the strike out of Tuve was fitting for the way the ump wanted that game to go......MLB looks foolish today

Comment

Game postponed till 1:00 tomorrow. Do you throw Lance tomorrow on regular rest and save Framber for game 5 if necessary? I do. Sox are still going with Rodon tomorrow, but their alternative is Lynn who we kill

Comment

Working...
                                X