Dallas Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
    Could be that old Jerrah is staying out of the coaches bidnez more and letting the coaches do their jobs. Jones and Joe Biden are about the same mental capacity at this point in their lives and both need handlers to take care of them.

I’ve got my issues with Jerry, but he’s got more business sense in his little finger today than you, me, or Joe Biden have ever had collectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The thread wouldn't have been started if they hadn't come out the gates looking like crap?? Heck, The trouncing of the Eagles alone was an early Christmas for me.

My son's enthusiasm for Dallas & being an absolute sports junk nerd like a lot of you has rekindled my former fan that was diminishing due all the NFL idiocy overall, but I'm over it as we're having fun...the boy has finally been giving up some weekend TV time to go shoot birds, so I'm sitting in on his passions. Man, let me tell you, those zealot European soccer league fans make our NFL stands look like it's filled with a bunch of sissies. Those folks are absolute bonkers over a game no where near as cool & fun to watch??

Comment

Does anyone else think that Pollard is the best running back they got? Pollard looks like he's running for a paycheck every time he gets the ball. That being said Elliot looked really good yesterday, but its like they are using Pollard to wear down the defense then giving Elliot the ball once they get closer to the red zone. I'm all for it though! I've enjoyed watching them!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
          Does anyone else think that Pollard is the best running back they got? Pollard looks like he's running for a paycheck every time he gets the ball. That being said Elliot looked really good yesterday, but its like they are using Pollard to wear down the defense then giving Elliot the ball once they get closer to the red zone. I'm all for it though! I've enjoyed watching them!

I think Pollard is every bit as good a ball carrier as Elliot, not quite as powerful, but more explosive. He’s not as good at blitz pick up as Elliot, though. So he doesn’t get the snaps that Elliot does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

28% of Dak's completions yesterday were for touchdowns. He is playing terrific and even showed he could still run when the pocket collapsed yesterday.

Amari is elite - what concentration to pull that pass in and stay in bounds. It shouldn't hurt when they get Gallop, Lawrence, and Lael back from injury.

Now we are going from just winning the NFC "Least" to probably able to hang in with anyone in the league (including Tampa and Kansas City). Lots of football to play and have to stay healthy but man is this entertaining!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              The thread wouldn't have been started if they hadn't come out the gates looking like crap?? Heck, The trouncing of the Eagles alone was an early Christmas for me.
              If they hadn't come out of gates looking like crap? They took the Super Bowl champs with everybody returning from it, down to the wire in game 1?.

Comment

No way is Pollard wearing down the defense so Zeke can get his carries. Zeke is their short yardage back so in a Pollard series, if they need short yardage Zeke is going to come in. Zeke carries the load for the most part. His offseason work is shining through. Pollard is a great change of pace and is doing a superb job giving Zeke a blow once every 3-4 series and then some. He is an explosive back and doing his part. I enjoy the 1-2 punch.

I checked the guy who ran Zeke down on his breakaway yesterday when nobody else had a shot. Chinn is a 4.4 40 guy with the angle....Zeke found some of his youth speed this past offseason evidently. He **** sure found his jump cuts and agility

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  No way is Pollard wearing down the defense so Zeke can get his carries. Zeke is their short yardage back so in a Pollard series, if they need short yardage Zeke is going to come in. Zeke carries the load for the most part. His offseason work is shining through. Pollard is a great change of pace and is doing a superb job giving Zeke a blow once every 3-4 series and then some. He is an explosive back and doing his part. I enjoy the 1-2 punch.

I checked the guy who ran Zeke down on his breakaway yesterday when nobody else had a shot. Chinn is a 4.4 40 guy with the angle....Zeke found some of his youth speed this past offseason evidently. He **** sure found his jump cuts and agility
                  Not only all this ^^^ but Zeke picks up the blitz way better than Pollard ever will… I highly believe a lot of the rushing improvement is that the O line is finally back to blocking people consistently… the team needs two good running backs… the cowboys have two above average runners going now… hopefully they can use them to make a deep run into the post season

Comment

I agree with enjoying the 1-2 punch! I also understand he's a better blocking back, I guess I just enjoy watching that explosiveness more. lol Also lets not forget had Dallas's kicker not missed 2 field goals and an extra point in that game against Tampa Bay they'd be 4-0.

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                      I agree with enjoying the 1-2 punch! I also understand he's a better blocking back, I guess I just enjoy watching that explosiveness more. lol Also lets not forget had Dallas's kicker not missed 2 field goals and an extra point in that game against Tampa Bay they'd be 4-0.

Yup… Tom B is a lucky Mofo!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        If they hadn't come out of gates looking like crap? They took the Super Bowl champs with everybody returning from it, down to the wire in game 1?.
                        I was taking task to the haters who mentioned the boys have only played against hacks & it's only the beginning of the season...what difference would it even make even if it was an incorrect trollish statement?? Point is they look really strong & executing well early on which usually makes for a positive season. Like Jeff posted, hate all you want but don't look silly doing it. I HATE the eagles, but wouldn't dismiss a strong start to a season if asked how they looked. It is what it is.

~~~~~~~~

Back to Pollard & zeke...they really compliment each other well with the different styles. Zeke seems to be content smacking head on to get a close 1st showing he's still got it, where Pollard will take every gap to get some extra inches. Wish they were on the field at the same time more often just for grins.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                          I was taking task to the haters who mentioned the boys have only played against hacks & it's only the beginning of the season...what difference would it even make even if it was an incorrect trollish statement?? Point is they look really strong & executing well early on which usually makes for a positive season. Like Jeff posted, hate all you want but don't look silly doing it. I HATE the eagles, but wouldn't dismiss a strong start to a season if asked how they looked. It is what it is.

~~~~~~~~

Back to Pollard & zeke...they really compliment each other well with the different styles. Zeke seems to be content smacking head on to get a close 1st showing he's still got it, where Pollard will take every gap to get some extra inches. Wish they were on the field at the same time more often just for grins.

Then I read it wrong. I thought you were serious.[emoji41]. I retract my question.[emoji1303]

Comment

Just have to keep up the good work!!

Comment

I love the way the entire team is looking, I personally think Dak has been playing at this level for the last few years. 4 out of Dak's 5 seasons he has been top 5 in QBR. I am not shocked at his level of play, question is can the defense keep this up!

Comment

I'm also dig'n every time Cooper gets the ball & the fans sound like they are booing while the kid joins in...told him to go look up some old Moose vids.

Flashbacks

Comment

Working...
                                X