Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TBH PSA: Get your dang colonscopies done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduled for nest Thursday. Been 10 years since my last one. Fun night Wednesday.

Comment

Thanks for the PSA, SMART

Got my first one done about 5 years ago. No issues and doctor told me I should be GTG for 10 years before I need another one.
      It was easy to do and the prep wasn't bad at all. Just about the time I thought, "Hey this stuff's not working on me, the (brown) dam broke!"

I'll prob get another in 2022 or 2023, just for my own peace of mind.

Comment

I'm due for my next one... Thanks Jason for the memory jog... My first one was the old style prep... I said never again after that one... Then 5 years later things had changed a LOT! No big deal now... There's no excuse not to go git-er-dun...

Comment

I die for my next one at 67. Been free and clear all my life thank God. Years ago my f in law told me the doc found “an angry polyp” in his colon. I told him I’d be angry to if I was stuck on your colon! Stay on top of it fellas!
          I do em out of my garage for $50.00. Use a funnel and a flashlight.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I'm due for my next one... Thanks Jason for the memory jog... My first one was the old style prep... I said never again after that one... Then 5 years later things had changed a LOT! No big deal now... There's no excuse not to go git-er-dun...
            New prep???

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
              Thanks for the PSA, SMART

Got my first one done about 5 years ago. No issues and doctor told me I should be GTG for 10 years before I need another one.
              It was easy to do and the prep wasn't bad at all. Just about the time I thought, "Hey this stuff's not working on me, the (brown) dam broke!"

I'll prob get another in 2022 or 2023, just for my own peace of mind.
              Will your insurance pay for that. Mine pays every ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                New prep???

Yes...Suprep. Tastes like grape pedialyte and then you mix the small bottle with water....then chase it more water........then again 4 hours before the procedure.

Directions at bottom here.

Last edited by Smart; 09-20-2021, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Yes...Suprep. Tastes like grape pedialyte and then you mix the small bottle with water....then chadse it with another

Directions.

Oh wow. [emoji106] That gallon of lemon water stuff was ugly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Oh wow. [emoji106] That gallon of lemon water stuff was ugly!!!!

Yep, Instead of heading to the toilet, I just stayed in the shower and "pee'd" out my arse, then showered. It was better than sitting on a toilet constantly

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      I get it once a year. No biggie.
                      Like I said: It's once a year for me as I'm in a high risk group. I don't mind the fast, but I hate drinking that prep stuff. Just the thought makes me gag.

Comment

Done 6 weeks ago and on a 2 year schedule.
                        A piece of cake chopped out polyps and all is good, no cancer.

Comment

Been putting mine off and will probably go get mine done after the 1st of the year.

Comment

How much does the procedure cost?

Comment

I got mine done 3 yrs ago and he said see you in 10 years afterwards. Age 65, I have a lot to look forward to, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                                How much does the procedure cost?
                                If it’s a screening then I believe it’s 100% covered by your insurance.
                                Mine is diagnostic and I have to reach my deductible ($1300) before insurance kicks in. Doc charges $271 for the procedure. $250 for anesthesiologist. The surgery center were it is being done charges $1318. Other cost could be for a pathologist (if biopsy is taken).

Comment

Working...
                                X