WTB Tikka 7mm-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB Tikka 7mm-08

Sorry, this is not in classified as I'm not necessarily looking for used. I have that itch for a new rifle and through the years I've been on here, I've been thoroughly impressed with the experiences shared here regarding their Tikka rifles. I went to bass pro and held one and again - impressed. It feels really good.

The BPS professional behind the desk recommended me a 6.5 Creedmore (no joke, he had a man bun. Can't make it up.) I asked him why and he said since I have a kid and the Creedmore is very easy on the recoil, it's something he could use fairly quickly. That and it is a really good, accurate round, known for its ability to tag stuff really far downrange. Great.

So with that, I went home and did my own research. Seems a 7mm-08 is very similar, a little heavier in recoil, but has less wind-drift and even outperforms downrange, albeit to a certain extent (of which I'll probably never need.)

So I hop onto Tikka's website and with 7mm-08 in mind, I narrowed my search to the following models below.

Here's the issue. I can't find a place with them in stock. I really haven't had much luck finding them online to understand the price. My question to you all is where are you guys buying your Tikka's?

If there's one anyone has available for sale I'm open, but prefer to buy new, thus is this not in the classifieds section... I'm hoping to just get some help finding these unicorns. Am I looking in the wrong places?
    Attached Files

**edit** sorry I just saw the models I posted aren’t what you are looking for **

Tikkas are fantastic rifles.. I bought a t3x veil in 308 a few months back.. Found it on gun broker

Here’s some 7/08’s

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
      **edit** sorry I just saw the models I posted aren’t what you are looking for **

Tikkas are fantastic rifles.. I bought a t3x veil in 308 a few months back.. Found it on gun broker

Here’s some 7/08’s

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910069509
      No worries I appreciate you trying to help!

Comment

Mine is a T3 lite stainless and loves the 140gr accubonds and ballistic tips. No much difference in recoil compared to my savage 6.5

Comment

Try this website:

Tikka T3x Rifles in stock. Tikka T3x Hunter, T3x Lite, T3x CTR, T3x Laminated, T3x Forest, and T3x Varmint. (570) 368-3920

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't help as far as where to find them but I agree with your choice. I did the same research as you and favored the 7mm-08 for the same reasons and have been very happy. I actually have a couple 7mm-08's and 6.5 CM's now since the whole family likes them. For the kids I use the reduced recoil from Hornady in the 7mm-08 and the recoil is less than the 6.5. I highly recommend that round for your kid as it has performed better with less recoil than the 6.5 for me. That bullet won't reach out like others will but I haven't had any issues with it out to about 125 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
              Try this website:

Tikka T3x Rifles in stock. Tikka T3x Hunter, T3x Lite, T3x CTR, T3x Laminated, T3x Forest, and T3x Varmint. (570) 368-3920

Appreciate that! The one I was leaning towards they have in every caliber except 7mm-08. The search continues!

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                I can't help as far as where to find them but I agree with your choice. I did the same research as you and favored the 7mm-08 for the same reasons and have been very happy. I actually have a couple 7mm-08's and 6.5 CM's now since the whole family likes them. For the kids I use the reduced recoil from Hornady in the 7mm-08 and the recoil is less than the 6.5. I highly recommend that round for your kid as it has performed better with less recoil than the 6.5 for me. That bullet won't reach out like others will but I haven't had any issues with it out to about 125 yards.
                Yes sir! seems like a great caliber.

Comment

Called The Crazy Gun Dealer today...he had someone trying to help me find any of the 4. He called a bunch of people and no one has anything like what I am looking for. My own search often leads me to international sites. I believe the gun I am after may be Europe only. Specifically I am interested in the Tikka T3x Lite Veil Wideland in 7mm-08... but wouldn't mind looking at the Tikka T3x Super Varmint.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, haven’t seen many 7-08 floating around. I found one in 308 and few other calibers but seems 6.5 is for some reason being produced over others at moment.

The Tikka T3x Lite Veil Wideland is the perfect companion for southern forests and open plains. Cerakote coating on the barrel enhances weather durability. Muzzle brake is included for recoil reduction. The rifle's weight is optimized thanks to its fluted bolt and barrel. The T3x has a new modular s...

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      Called The Crazy Gun Dealer today...he had someone trying to help me find any of the 4. He called a bunch of people and no one has anything like what I am looking for. My own search often leads me to international sites. I believe the gun I am after may be Europe only. Specifically I am interested in the Tikka T3x Lite Veil Wideland in 7mm-08... but wouldn't mind looking at the Tikka T3x Super Varmint.

Tikka makes a CTR (or did at one time) in 708 and I looked everywhere. Finally called eurooptic and they told me that was a Europe only model. So your statement may be very true.

Good luck searching. I’m still looking though...

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

May be my last hope bit reach out to Beretta who is the importer for Tikka and asked if there is any way they could do me a solid. Alternatives is a find a T3x Lite and have it cerakoted and painted.

Comment

After searching and searching, calling multiple dealers, distributors and even the importer, I have concluded that these aren't too common, specifically the 7mm-08 doesn't appear to be sold in the US. Thats ok. I had originally narrowed it down to 7mm-08 and 6.5 PRC. While at Bass pro to buy a 22, I asked and they had one of these in the box not on display. Went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Comment

Glad you found something that works for you. Maybe one day they will start offering 7-08 here and not sure why they wouldn’t already.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you. It seems Tikka has really been focused on delivering 6.5 prc for the last 6 months. I picked one up also in black and tan.

Comment

Working...
                              X