Opening day dove report thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not opening day but FND and I finally got out to shoot some dove on a much needed break. Mourning dove were the poorest we’ve seen in 10 years out here but the Eurasians saved the day.
    Last edited by Smart; 09-10-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Nice haul fellas! The way things are going collards may eventually be our best option

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Nice haul fellas! The way things are going collards may eventually be our best option

Thanks Jerp! Sounds good to me. Those and whitewings. Love shooting them both

Comment

Nice shooting gents.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Not opening day but FND and I finally got out to shoot some dove on a much needed break. Mourning dove were the poorest we’ve seen in 10 years out here but the Eurasians saved the day.

Huge congrats. Those Eurasians are fun to shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

270 on our Friday evening hunt
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2659.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	461.2 KB
ID:	24661805

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FND and I found some mourning dove on a pivot drainage and decided to hunt them today. …. ****ed if we didn’t kill two limits of mourning dove plus some bonus birds as they trickled in all day. This area never ceases to impress.

Comment

Little 3 man 28ga shoot yesterday afternoon

Comment

Went on a dove hunt out in Taylor a few days ago. Guy said he had planted sunflowers.... well I saw no sunflowers. Waste of $100. There were maybe 6 other hunters and we all shot maybe 10-15 times all morning.

Comment

If we can continue to stay dry through out the night I’ll be in the Ben Bolt area trying my hand for the S. Texas regular opener in the morning. There were plenty of birds flying in the Alice area on Saturday hoping this wind doesn’t push them out.

Comment

We hammered a few yesterday evening, the whitewing flight was awesome where we hunted.

Comment

Hunted in Starr county over the weekend. Didn’t get a single shot at a white wing. There was almost no mourning or white wing flying. Worst hunting trip ever at the ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                            We hammered a few yesterday evening, the whitewing flight was awesome where we hunted.

We hunted Concepcion Tx and had a great shoot.....mostly WW. The storm had them flushed and moving.

Comment

Any South zone opener reports?

Comment

We hunted Ben Bolt this Morning and as usual the first hunt is usually a free be for the birds as my shooting was a lot off. Hunted Alice this afternoon and ended with 21 between my son and I. So I should be shooting limits in a couple days. Birds were decent and limits were achievable if you can shoot. But not as thick as recent years. Still pretty soggy out there. I figure it will get better once it dries up.

Comment

Working...
                                X