Tick bites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick bites

Do tick bites bother anyone else for days/weeks afterward?

I can usually feel ticks trying to embed and pull them off before they get too deep, but those bite sites stay red and itchy for a lot longer than mosquito or chigger bites.

Hopefully you don't get the Lymes....

Comment

I know of one woman that had about 20 heart attacks from a tick bite.

Comment

Just a little bit longer but not weeks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post

I can usually feel ticks trying to embed and pull them off before they get too deep, but those bite sites stay red and itchy for a lot longer than mosquito or chigger bites.
          A chigger or tick bite will jack with me for several weeks. I guess I have some sort of allergy.

Comment

Ticks don't bother me but chiggers will last for weeks.

Comment

Ticks suck. If one develops a bullseye redness to it get to the doc. Sounds crazy but a limes disease bite will show a perfect red bullseye ring around it.

Comment

I’ve had them itch and fester up for a couple weeks before. I think it depends on the location of the bite. I’ve had them on my ankle where it’s getting rubbed by shoes and socks and it would itch for a couple of weeks and I’ve had them under my arm and forget about them in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post

Same - I start itching as soon as they scratch the surface. I don't know how anyone could have a tick attached to them long enough to become engorged and not notice. And when I do get a bite it makes a huge scab that lasts for several weeks. Chigger bites do the same. I still have chigger bites on my ankles from July. I think I am more allergic to insect bites and stings than most people.

Comment

The worst...chig's a close 2nd

Comment

Mine last about a week but they well up turn really red and itch like crazy. Chiggers do the same but seem to last even longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Ivermectin a few times a year will keep them off

Comment

As long as I refrain from scratching them they go away in a few days but if I touch them it’s a couple of weeks for me.

Comment

working in the field as a biologist the odds were there to contract lyme disease and i did back in 2001. Not fun, flare ups have been limited to joint aches but that first year after contracting took a toll on me. I know some who have had it far worse.

Comment

Usually last about a week for me

Comment

Working...
                              X