No announcement yet.

2021 Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3.25" total over here. Glad thats all we got. I was not looking forward to the forecasted rain totals last night!

Comment

Is it just me or does it look to be headed for open water again skirting the coast? My radar looks like the eye is trying to push back offshore SE of Houston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Could have been much worse for Houston proper.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xprv4qLry_8"]Hurricane Nicholas Landfall At Sargent Beach, TX - 9/13/2021 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZUA5pundSA"]09-14-2021 Sargent Beach, TX - Aerial Flooding and Damage - YouTube[/ame]

My Dad just got to his cousin's place in Sargent. I'll give an update of how the area looks when I hear back from him.

Comment

Heading east to Tivoli, sinton , refugio, I think Tivoli will be a mess might need to let it dry up some ?

Comment

Any word from the West End of Galveston? Saw some drone footage from Surfside that looked like they had substantial wind damage as well.

Comment

The eye looks to be over a Bolivar right now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
                    Hurricane Nicholas Landfall At Sargent Beach, TX - 9/13/2021 - YouTube

09-14-2021 Sargent Beach, TX - Aerial Flooding and Damage - YouTube

My Dad just got to his cousin's place in Sargent. I'll give an update of how the area looks when I hear back from him.
                    He said they had about 4"-5" of water in the room downstairs. He saw some carports here & there that were torn up, but no widespread damage.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      Is it just me or does it look to be headed for open water again skirting the coast? My radar looks like the eye is trying to push back offshore SE of Houston

One of my apps that shows the actual wind has the eye (what’s left of it) over east Trinity Bay near Anahuac right now.

Comment

I feel fortunate. Lost power around 1am last night and it came back on about 11:30am. Spent about three hours cleaning the backyard this morning. Had two big limbs break and my back fence fell over in about a 16’ section. Pool looks like a moat. Other than that.....all good.

Comment

Not to bad in Alvin, yard was a mess but no major damage. Power went out last night at 2:00AM and is still out. Got the generator running and we are feeling lucky nothing worse happened.

Comment

We got lucky. Other than a couple limbs, no other damage. Don’t have power but I’m finally putting to use the 24kw PTO generator I bought last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              Couple blocks north of Hobby Airport. 3.5 inches of rain and lots of small branches down.
                              The eye is on top of us. We will see what the back side brings.............
                              Didn't seem like it had much of a back side.

Comment

Sounds like most will fair well after this plays out compared to the last few.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X