The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wytex View Post
    The oval galvanized pots work well for elk.
    Put some foil over the meaty part of the head not in the water, tuck it under the antler burr.
    Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Really warm on our side of the state. Didn’t have any action today on 6.5 miles of walking

Comment

Anyone know of a blood tracker around south fork Colorado

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

90 degrees today in SW Colorado. First day here. Getting much higher in elevation tomorrow.

Comment

On the road to Montana. About to pass through Denver. Be there for about 10 days. So ready to be in the mountains !!

Comment

Good luck guys!!!! If anyone is hunting in the Dubois, WY area in two weeks let me know, I will buy you a beer and a burger.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                On the road to Montana. About to pass through Denver. Be there for about 10 days. So ready to be in the mountains !!

I hope it’s not smoky from Cali fires blown in on the jet stream. Im SW of BozAngeles and AQI is horrible.

Comment

Congrats to the lucky hunters and best of luck to those still hunting.

I've been very busy with a wedding last week so I've lost track of this thread. Actually went 3 days without checking email or looking at the internet.

I'll echo words above, my hunt starts Oct 30th and I have so much to get done. Packing, shooting and ramping up the exercise.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

My little 5x6 ended up scoring 252 4/8s! Pretty pumped for my first elk, and I feel like it’s a good representation of an elk. I have a freezer full of delicious meat, a nice set of antlers to remind me of this awesome trip! Even though I was successful, it was too short! Can’t wait until next season! I’m off to hunt a bear that’s hanging around the carcass. Good luck every one! Stay positive and shoot straight!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Really tough condition in northern NM. Really hot, bulls are barely talking first and last light but not coming to calls. Got two more days.
                      For any that haven’t been there unit 53 is no joke. We have been to 11,000 ft last 3 days. There isn’t much flat ground.
                      Hoping it cools down these last two days.

Comment

Good lord I can't wait for Friday to get here. I am headed to Idaho for my first go at elk.

Comment

Weather change coming up this way folks, Fall is on the way finally. Check your weather forecasts before you pack for the last time.

Leaves are changing here in Laramie right now.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            Weather change coming up this way folks, Fall is on the way finally. Check your weather forecasts before you pack for the last time.

Leaves are changing here in Laramie right now.

People out west should pay me to leave every year so the weather can get right. I swear, it’s 85 degrees every single time I’m up there and as soon as I get back to texas a cold north wind starts blowing. I’m not complaining, but some cold weather would have been great.

Good luck to everyone heading out and for those still hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                              Really tough condition in northern NM. Really hot, bulls are barely talking first and last light but not coming to calls. Got two more days.
                              For any that haven’t been there unit 53 is no joke. We have been to 11,000 ft last 3 days. There isn’t much flat ground.
                              Hoping it cools down these last two days.
                              Hang in there bud! About the same story in my unit.

Comment

One month for today and I am heading west. Gonna be a long month.

Comment

Working...
                                X