• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don’t need this right now

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Timing is everything with this one. Models all over the place. Depends on and where and when the COC forms. But one thing that does look like a sure thing there will be a named storm and it has a chance to make a landfall somewhere in Mexico to Louisiana or in between.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
          Landfall sometime Tuesday?
          Greg Bostwick out of the Beaumont area is stating Monday for a possible landfall, obviously depending on where it goes. He’s pretty well trusted and his concern is how weak the high becomes to draw it to the east.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Greg Bostwick out of the Beaumont area is stating Monday for a possible landfall, obviously depending on where it goes. He’s pretty well trusted and his concern is how weak the high becomes to draw it to the east.
            So is thinking more of westerly track?

Comment

Tagged. Oh Joy.
              I need this thing to stall until past Monday.

Looks like surf fishing might be a bust this weekend, but oh the tasty waves to be had. Time will tell.

Comment

2021 Hurricane Season

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                I’ve lived near the gulf coast 44 years and never had a direct hit from a hurricane, gotten a lot of rain from some but no winds over 70mph

I’ve been in and around a few.

I don’t remember which storm it was but it snuck up on us in the gulf and we where the last chopper ride out of EC60. We had two dudes that weighed over 550 pounds combined leaning on the side of the chopper to keep the legs down. When we took off that heliport that’s probably been the most scared I’ve ever been in my life.

This was 2000 or 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

hh flying in today to take a look see. I predict there will be a cone out by the 11 a.m. or 5 p.m. and watches and warnings will go out tonight for Louisiana. just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                      Landfall sometime Tuesday?
                      Models are showing Sunday evening landfall Eastern Louisiana.....as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        Models are showing Sunday evening landfall Eastern Louisiana.....as of now.
                        Sucks for them, but I don’t want it in setx

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                          So is thinking more of westerly track?
                          No sir, more Easterly track towards Louisiana, following the high pressure that moved over the Carolinas. As the rear of the high weakens, it's expected to draw the storm in behind.

More tracks have shifted further East this morning to the New Orleans area per his update this morning. He is expecting the Southeast Texas area to only experience higher than normal tides along the coast.

Greg Bostwick on Facebook and KFDM News. He's not into sensationalism at all.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                            hh flying in today to take a look see. I predict there will be a cone out by the 11 a.m. or 5 p.m. and watches and warnings will go out tonight for Louisiana. just my 2 cents.

Surely at least a ptc and advisories at 11. Surprised they haven’t yet imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No sir, more Easterly track towards Louisiana, following the high pressure that moved over the Carolinas. As the rear of the high weakens, it's expected to draw the storm in behind.

More tracks have shifted further East this morning to the New Orleans area per his update this morning. He is expecting the Southeast Texas area to only experience higher than normal tides along the coast.

My parents have hung their hats on his predictions for many many years.

Ol Greg gets way more right than he does wrong.

Rwc

Comment

Bostwick seems to nail it consistently. He's the only one to even pay attention to in our area.

Comment

Working...
                                X