No announcement yet.

Aluminum Boat Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting ready to buy a Crestliner 2200 bay. Love the way it's laid out.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetohunt View Post
      I'm getting ready to buy a Crestliner 2200 bay. Love the way it's laid out.
      I like the look of the crestliner boats for sure as well. I need to read reviews.

A few clarifications. I'm looking for a few years old, preferably fully rigged ready to fish. Promised the wife this wouldn't be another project she wants to pick it up and hit the water as do I. Will primarily be used on Lake Livingston, Trinity River and Lake Conroe. A few bay trips a year max, but galvanized or aluminum trailer is a must as it will see some salt. I prefer center console but do like the storage and layout of a bass boat style so I could be persuaded either way there- neither is a deal breaker but between two similar deals I would pick center console. Similar deal on bare bones vs bells and whistles. Storage and jump seats are nice, but I would go utilitarian if the right deal came up.

Comment

Not many "deals" out there, used boat market is as smoking hot as its ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
          Not many "deals" out there, used boat market is as smoking hot as its ever been.
          Truer words have never been spoken...I've been looking for months, and refuse to overpay, sooooo I've been looking and not buying if the boat I'm working a deal on right now falls through, I will probably go the route of aluminum as well, suck it up and give up running offshore, and quit waiting for the crazy prices on bay boats to come back down to realistic numbers. I just can't make myself pay 80-90k for a year old boat with 300-400 hours just to have it "now" instead of waiting 9-12 months for a new one to be built for the same $$

If I do this, I'll look at either SeaArk, Xpress, or Excel

Comment

Had an 02 Xpress X17 w/Yam 115 and it was a great fishing machine. Just that it did not hold up to windy North Texas fishing conditions and cracked multiple times. Got rid of it and went to fiberglass. I would really assess where and conditions you want to fish and make sure it matches.

Comment

I have a 1872 seaark center console that I’m very happy with. it’s a well built versatile boat.

Comment

Keeping this updated for those following along. I’m liking excel as well for the heavier gauge hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have my timber creek for sale right now. It’s full custom. Just a heads up. Not cheap. 36k it maybe on timber creeks website.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                    I took many dozens of kids of all ages fishing on my no side Boatright and never had a single one ever fall in.
                    Same here. My kids have been fishing off a boatright since they were 3 or 4 . Haven't lost a kid yet..

Comment

Very please with our Xpress boat

Comment

Got a line on an XPRESS XP20CC that I should get to look at this weekend. 2012 with a 115 4 stroke. Main things I should look at? Acquaintance (neighbor) selling it so not just a blind purchase but also not necessarily a close buddy I trust 100%.

Comment

Design your own, the way you want it, and keep it forever....

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            Got a line on an XPRESS XP20CC that I should get to look at this weekend. 2012 with a 115 4 stroke. Main things I should look at? Acquaintance (neighbor) selling it so not just a blind purchase but also not necessarily a close buddy I trust 100%.
                            Need to crawl around and inspect every weld you can see. Especially the ones in the storage compartments transom etc. Xpress are good boats but have a bit of a reputation for welds cracking and coming apart.

Also- RUN A COMPRESSION TEST on the motor, don't take their word for it, don't just run it on muffs. Actual compression test and then lake test.

Comment

Sea ark makes a heavy duty aluminum boat. I ran an 18' for years, best aluminum hull ive owned. Price point is better than some mentioned here but don't let that fool you. They are legit!

Comment

I have a 18ft Sea Ark with a 90hp Honda that does everything I need it to. Solid hull, gets up in little less than a foot of water. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one

Comment

Working...
                                X