No announcement yet.

Menard 2021/2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything was green this weekend. Deer looked healthy and are hitting the feed pretty good. Does anyone have internet out there or a lead on internet? If so, how well does it work and what company?

Comment

Originally posted by MenardCountyBow View Post
      Everything was green this weekend. Deer looked healthy and are hitting the feed pretty good. Does anyone have internet out there or a lead on internet? If so, how well does it work and what company?
      Only one that works out there consistently is AT&T

Comment

We have AT&T cell service but didn’t know who the best actual internet provider was. It would have to be satellite internet since our place is so remote.

Comment

If I get on my tallest deer stand that’s at the back of the property, about 50 extra feet of elevation, I get Verizon.

Supposedly they’re building some new ATT towers out there.
          Last time I was there they were working on one just outside Callan Lane. Not sure who’s that one was though.
          Last edited by Capp35; 07-26-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Depends where you are in the county. We have Next Link in and around town. They are about to install equipment about 8 miles west of town so that I will be able to get on my river place. Not sure if Next Link is available in SE part of the county or not. Most of the county has no internet service. Capp35 is correct, about the only cell phone service that works here is AT&T or West Central out of San Angelo.
            Are any of you seeing an increase in dead whitetails??? We have been finding dead ones in and around town as well as some cases west of town. I understand that it is Blue Tongue. An old died right off the hill below my house and the SE prevailing wind sure did make it stinky around the yard. We had help from buzzards as she was too far gone to haul off before I found her.
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
              Depends where you are in the county. We have Next Link in and around town. They are about to install equipment about 8 miles west of town so that I will be able to get on my river place. Not sure if Next Link is available in SE part of the county or not. Most of the county has no internet service. Capp35 is correct, about the only cell phone service that works here is AT&T or West Central out of San Angelo.
              Are any of you seeing an increase in dead whitetails??? We have been finding dead ones in and around town as well as some cases west of town. I understand that it is Blue Tongue. An old died right off the hill below my house and the SE prevailing wind sure did make it stinky around the yard. We had help from buzzards as she was too far gone to haul off before I found her.
              Adios,
              Gary
              Knock on wood we didn’t see any on our place off Waddell.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                Junction was hoping today when I ran to town to grab corn. Finally had lunch at Lum’s

I’m sitting in a pop up waiting on a pig with my bow instead of driving around on the Can Am with a 308. I’m an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I would drive there from Katy for that Que!

Comment

I was out there this weekend for a couple of hours topping off some feeders and putting out some cameras. 45 minutes after I left (in the middle of the afternoon) a nice buck was in the feed pen eating. My mobile camera is showing great activity with deer, turkeys, and pigs. I notice that it was much browner than a month ago when I was out there.

I paid $10.25 for corn. It is going to hurt when we go back to filling up every feeder on the place instead of just running a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    I was out there this weekend for a couple of hours topping off some feeders and putting out some cameras. 45 minutes after I left (in the middle of the afternoon) a nice buck was in the feed pen eating. My mobile camera is showing great activity with deer, turkeys, and pigs. I notice that it was much browner than a month ago when I was out there.

I paid $10.25 for corn. It is going to hurt when we go back to filling up every feeder on the place instead of just running a couple.
                    I’ll second that. We did get 20% Purina antler max protein from Kothmans for 13 a bag if I remember correctly. Spent the afternoon cooling off in the river

Comment

I'm going to my lease the weekend of August 6th. It would be great to meet this group. I know/met Taylor and have exchanged numbers with Heath, but wondering if a mid-day group lunch would be feasible. Maybe more so during the season? My lease is off Cleo/2291 about halfway between Menard and I10. About a mile or two on the Menard side of the big radio/microwave tower.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                        I'm going to my lease the weekend of August 6th. It would be great to meet this group. I know/met Taylor and have exchanged numbers with Heath, but wondering if a mid-day group lunch would be feasible. Maybe more so during the season? My lease is off Cleo/2291 about halfway between Menard and I10. About a mile or two on the Menard side of the big radio/microwave tower.
                        You should be very close to Heath. Are you on Williamson Ranch?
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

Blue tongue has just started showing up in certain areas of the county. I am sure it will hit the higher population areas the hardest.
                          And yes, it is beginning to dry out as we missed all the rains that fell further south and east. Of course it is late July.
                          Adios,
                          Gary

Comment

You should be very close to Heath. Are you on Williamson Ranch?
                            Adios,
                            Gary

As the crow flies we are really close to each other. I hunt the Spinks ranch off Norma Spiller Lane.

Comment

They are going to build a new restaurant across from the Post Office on Hwy. 83.
                              Adios,
                              Gary
                              That’s good news. I’ll drive up just to eat there from Tomball lol.

Comment

Looks like “work weekend” for me will be August 28th.
                                Hot ***** weather to fill feeders, clear roads, repair blinds.
                                Oh, and I love them ticks. Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X