2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    you may want to just trade your tackle and the rooster tail xpress for some golf clubs

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      you may want to just trade your tackle and the rooster tail xpress for some golf clubs
      Hahahaha. I quit golf years ago. I can usually catch fish! Just not in the surf lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone else follow ThresherFishing on youtube? This youngster is always in the fish. High energy dude.

Not sure if he lives in Port A or Corpus.

Just watch what I do carefully and you will learn exactly what not to do. Kayak fishing, wade fishing and surf fishing. Fishing tackle and filming gear: https://www.amazon.com/shop/influencer-9ede44bb?ref=ac_inf_hm_vp Email: thresherfishing911@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
          Hahahaha. I quit golf years ago. I can usually catch fish! Just not in the surf lol.

Serious note, its not as easy as showing up and chunking a lure (most of the time). You still need to read the beach. But if you saw birds working bait and didnt at least catch a jack, Im not sure what to say

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            Does anyone else follow ThresherFishing on youtube? This youngster is always in the fish. High energy dude.

Not sure if he lives in Port A or Corpus.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ThresherFishing/videos
            Yup, been following him since his first video. Really enjoy watching that kid... he does it all and has a great attitude... and is funny as chit to boot.

He's come a long way since his first videos.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd have thrown tops first in that "surf"! That looks great! Can't tell much about the color of the water, but it looks perfect for tops, noisy tops even. Maybe even a DSL under a big ol poppin' cork about 18"... make some rackit and git thay's attn.!

Comment

Crystal beach cam looks like the clear water is still a bit offshore... Give it one more tide change if that wind stays down or at least manageable from the SE...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  I'd have thrown tops first in that "surf"! That looks great! Can't tell much about the color of the water, but it looks perfect for tops, noisy tops even. Maybe even a DSL under a big ol poppin' cork about 18"... make some rackit and git thay's attn.!
                  Walking back out now with my brand new shiny 4 horseman cork. According to the LA trout fishing pages I may get mauled by trout as soon as it hits the water.

Comment

Put a live shrimp under a popping cork!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                      Yup, been following him since his first video. Really enjoy watching that kid... he does it all and has a great attitude... and is funny as chit to boot.

He's come a long way since his first videos.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
                      I'm trying to catch up...but he has put out some serious gigabytes of video over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                        Man! I decided to skip sea isle last night so I could fish the surf this am after looking at the forecast.

I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll probably try again at some point. I just cannot for the life of me ever fish the surf worth a ****. Fished it hundreds of times and I've only had two days ever I've caught fish.

Surf was perfect, flat, slight breeze, bait popping, birds. Threw DSL and spoon every way you can throw it for the last 4 hours. 3 gaff top, and foul hooked a small speck.

Not sure what my issue is with the surf. I swear somebody without a license, a zebco, and Vienna sausage for bait could stand next to me and fill an ice chest with trout. [/IMG]

just get you some live shrimp and a popping cork. If you can't catch anything in the surf with this method then you might as well stop fishing the surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          Put a live shrimp under a popping cork!
                          I saw a shrimp boat on the surf cam, Id be chunking what they are feeding on. Vudu under popping cork if you are against the Hoppermattics

Comment

The surf is a little different, the fish are on the move and you need to be also. Early get on the first bar and get going, if you see mullet moving from right to left or vise versa go the other way. The fish are usually moving one direction or the other, they don't sit in the surf or something will eat them. People in the water push them away from the bank, kids swimming etc. Cast along the sides of the bars and keep going till you find them, when you do the lure doesn't matter as much as what your doing with it. As the morning goes on or the tide is going out the fish will move out too. Stay after them, you'll find em. Good luck

Comment

Well, gulp and 4 horseman produced 2 sand trout. Fire. Guys near me had live shrimp and they weren't having any more luck. It is what it is. Just blows my mind today's probably the best conditions I've ever seen and bait in the water and nada.

Comment

Sand trout, sheepshead, and a softshell crab for lunch. Not terrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X