Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warrington View Post
    Just a question

When everyone puts their trailers in a storage unit space, do you all put locks on the trailer hitches? Or do you place a lock that goes up in the ball socket space? Because wouldn’t those have to be cut off with a saws all or a grinder?
    I wondered about this too. I keep a hitch lock on all my trailers. It may not keep someone from stealing if they want it bad enough but it sure is a deterrent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      They must use the same security cameras that they had on Epstien.

I’m with the crowd that says inside job. Either the owner of the storage lot or one of his employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Haha, this!!

I sure hope it gets found in one piece. Dang it

Comment

Drug smugglers

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
        a buddy had his boat taken from locked storage and come to get it one day and found it gone with lock still on door. Come to find out the owners son was taking it out for joy rides.
        Years ago, I had my 25 Boston whaler in storage unit in port Mansfield, after a fall & winter of it sitting in storage, we went down to
        Do some spring maintenance, and notice something isn’t right,
        Then find a bag of weed and some other drug stuff, we called the cops, a sheriff’s department officer, game warden, and coast guard, DEA all come and turns out the owner had been arrested for drug trafficking :
        They did a ton of forensic investigation, finally I got the boat back
        But that summer we kept getting stopped by coast guard and TP&W and boarded and searched, it was a headache for sure
        Turns out the storage owner had been super busy using my boat and a couple others running around the check station by boat
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-14-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Camper stolen!! TBH??

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          Man it took way longer than I expected for someone to make this comment! LOL

Sorry your luck OP. Hope you find it.

Lol yep it’s ok about the camper but the ruined weekend and all of our personal stuff really sucks it was loaded with gear so we never had to pack

Comment

Just curious ... since you were trying to sell it, are you going to take the insurance money and call it good, or use the money to buy another one, and then sell it?

Comment

I hate a thief. I hope you find your camper and the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                Just curious ... since you were trying to sell it, are you going to take the insurance money and call it good, or use the money to buy another one, and then sell it?
                I'm hoping you're kidding? Why on earth would he buy another camper with the market on them so high right now, just to turn around and sell it?

Comment

remember this is TBH, there always has to a good'ol smart-alecky comment inserted from time to time...

Comment

A storage facility does not have an insurable interest in the property of others. Their insurance does not cover it.
                    If a facility is a member of the Texas Self Storage Association and uses the TSSA lease, the renter will have specifically acknowledged that the facility is NOT responsible for theft and that the tenant has insurance or is self-insured.
                    Representing security that is not provided can definitely provide problems. But the TSSA lease provides that the facility is not responsible if/when security features are temporarily down.
                    From a practical standpoint, a facility simply CANNOT prevent all theft/vandalism, etc. (at least not for a price tenants are willing to pay). At our facility, we provide fencing, gated access, cameras, lighting, etc. And we have a major interstate with 120K+ cars going by every day. Yet, we still have occasional issues with bad guys (climb the fence, cut the chain for the gate, break through the fence, etc.). Just because that occasionally happens is certainly no indication of an 'inside job', unless by 'inside' you are referring to other tenants (which is certainly the case at times).
                    And cameras are, in practicality, only deterrents. Except for our high-dollar license plate camera, even good, clear pictures are of little use. Getting LEO very interested in crime at a storage facility (where people store their 'extra' stuff) is difficult and unless the particular officer recognizes the perp, the pictures obtained are just pretty pictures.
                    If you have lost something that was stored at a facility, I understand your frustration. But I can guarantee you that the facility owner/manager is extremely frustrated with any crime that takes place, as well. It is a very 'helpless' what-can-I-do-now situation. And dealing with the aftermath and upset tenants is a day/week/month ruiner.

Comment

That is the 3rd travel trailer that I know of that has been stolen in this area over the last 2 weeks. The meth is bad in the area

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Yeah, the lake, more so the north side, is full of criminals and drugs. Comal County stays busy all the time around the lake.

I would not be surprised if someone wanted a new home and drug it to the north side of the lake.
                        This is exactly what I was thinking.

On another note its my experience any time you get near a body of water where people live the scuzzier the people get.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

Thanks for asking I think….

It’s financed so I’m hoping it gets paid off and we probably won’t buy another one. This one was too small for 5 people that’s why we didn’t use it much and listed it for sale. For my family we really need a bigger camper but I can’t afford one right now.

I stand to make zero money off this deal if that’s what you were asking
                          In fact I will lose about $2k in camping and fishing gear [emoji52]

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                            Thanks for asking I think….

It’s financed so I’m hoping it gets paid off and we probably won’t buy another one. This one was too small for 5 people that’s why we didn’t use it much and listed it for sale. For my family we really need a bigger camper but I can’t afford one right now.

I stand to make zero money off this deal if that’s what you were asking
                            In fact I will lose about $2k in camping and fishing gear [emoji52]
                            Home owners insurance for goods lost ? I had a Uhaul trailer broken into and home owners covered the contents.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              On another note its my experience any time you get near a body of water where people live the scuzzier the people get.
                              I agree with you on that, I’ve spent a lot of time around Canyon Lake and there is a ton of trashy people in that area

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                                I'm hoping you're kidding? Why on earth would he buy another camper with the market on them so high right now, just to turn around and sell it?
                                Yes and no.
                                Mine is currently rented, but we did have it for sale.
                                When we had it in storage, I hoped it would be gone every time we drove by there.

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X