This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
    One more thing, you'll always have that national championship win to hang your vince young hat on....
    The more you type, the better I look.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      So with Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State locked in play offs for 2021-22 season the rest of the schools are competing for the 4 spot. I can only hope and pray my aggies sneak in.
      I wouldn't be so quick to pencil Clemson in. They face UGA in week 1. I realize they can overcome an early loss (especially with their week-ish remaining schedule), but it's definitely not a given that they get in.

At this point I'd lean toward Bama, tOSU, Oklahoma as fairly heavy favorites. Clemson likely has the upper hand on the 4 spot (even with a loss to UGA - I still think they give the benefit to a conference champ) followed closely by Oregon and UGA.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        The more you type, the better I look.

Not really… you 2 look like high school chics trying to get the last word in.

Move on…

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I wouldn't be so quick to pencil Clemson in. They face UGA in week 1. I realize they can overcome an early loss (especially with their week-ish remaining schedule), but it's definitely not a given that they get in.

At this point I'd lean toward Bama, tOSU, Oklahoma as fairly heavy favorites. Clemson likely has the upper hand on the 4 spot (even with a loss to UGA - I still think they give the benefit to a conference champ) followed closely by Oregon and UGA.
          Clemson has been loading up on players the last couple of years. They lost a lot of production on the offense side of the ball, so it might take them a bit to get rolling. I don't think another team deserves to be in that spot until somebody steps up. Looks like UGA has that chance in week 1.

Comment

The reason the goal post were moved with Power 5 is that is a closer judge if you want to brag about W/L's. You add in all those lower level ball games and your stats get skewed if you wanted to compare.
            So the losses we have to real programs like LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida and Georgia mean more than yalls losses to UCLA, Iowa State, Kstate,Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Brigham Young University?

Comment

You started moving goal posts... You tried to use power 5 so I said why not just the top school in the country.... Why top 5? Why not too 10 or top 1? There is a trend and I'm sorry you T-sips want to ride the books of history to your programs grave! Aggies were irrelevant until we did something about it.. Kind of like that kid that use to get beat up in middle school before he hit puberty... Then he hit puberty went to high scholl started working out. Now every time the bully sees him he reminds him of how he use to kick his a** back in middle school before he grew up... There's a term for people who remember the good ol days because they aren't as good as they use to be.....
              Dude. Y'all haven't even won your division of your conference or played in the conference championship game. Lol.

Slow ya roll.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

So the losses we have to real programs like LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Florida and Georgia mean more than yalls losses to UCLA, Iowa State, Kstate,Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Brigham Young University?

If that’s how you add value to your program, sure. Texas has played for two national titles in my lifetime. Hopefully Sark gets them back in THAT conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I truly hope the pre-season smack is not representative of what will come in September.

Comment

Makes me a little nervous only two Texas guys are on the list. I think the media has it picked correctly with OU - ISU - Texas finishing 1-2-3.

I do like the Texas players barking at ISU "5 Star Culture" T-shirts. Hopefully they can back up that bark with their play on the field vs ISU this year.
                    Texas is 118 out of 127 FBS teams in returning production per Bill Connelly. And, the beat writers generally anoint upper classmen from the teams that win often.

I'm not saying that there should necessarily be more Texas kids in there, but that ain't the 25 or so best football players in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      If that’s how you add value to your program, sure. Texas has played for two national titles in my lifetime. Hopefully Sark gets them back in THAT conversation.

This was my point all along. Hopefully for ya'lls sake he gets you back to being a decent program but I think it's more than a coach.

Comment

You might want to check the stats. Since 2010 UT has a record of 75-61. Aggies have a record of 92-47.... Quite a large difference! Since 2010 Aggies have played in the same division, in the same conference, as the national champion 4 times. Aggies have been ranked top 5 twice 2012 ranked 5th and 2020 ranjed 4th. Longhorns ranked 9th in 2018. I know it's easy to hate on the guy moving up when your in the gutter but it some point you have to realize there's a reason why your program is irrelevant! May have something to do with athletes not liking hippy liberals or homeless bums on campus!! I don't know why it is the way it is but stats don't lie...

Welcome Newbie....I see you will fit right in here cutting your teeth regurgitating stuff that has been discussed here ad nauseam trying to set us all straight. You realize that we have been hashing this **** out for 15 plus years right?

Hell if we played 2-3 D-2 teams a year, Texas would have a similar record even in its worst stretch on record.. Pretty sure the talk last year before season and before you appearing, was that if A&M was going to win something that the schedule was lined up for the taking last year... ....congratulations on taking advantage of it and getting your 4th place trophy for the "Hall of Champions". Glad to see A&M win yall "something" in a down SEC year...

Comment

You lost to 1/2 of those teams on your list during your time period that are not real programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Dude. Y'all haven't even won your division of your conference or played in the conference championship game. Lol.

Slow ya roll.

Ever heard of a guy named Nick Saban? Or a school called the Crimson Tide?

Comment

LSU found a way.

Point being y'all haven't won anything yet to be bowing your chest out about.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 07-09-2021, 09:37 AM.

Comment

There’s a bully or two in every conference.

Comment

Working...
                                X