2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bailed on legs.... Who would've thought lol

35 mins of stairs and shoulders only instead. Going to try for legs tomorrow

Comment

Hit the gym this morning for legs and back. Supersets and going into my second week of 5X5 training. The scales said 232 this morning, down for4m 248.

T-bar row/sled leg press/calf raise/leg raise
      Low row supinated grip/supersquat/standing calf raise toes in/ab roller
      Weighted pullup/leg extension/cable rotation
      Wide grip seated row/bilateral leg press

Chest and biceps tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        I bailed on legs.... Who would've thought lol

35 mins of stairs and shoulders only instead. Going to try for legs tomorrow
        NEVER skip leg day!!!!

Comment

Started a different routine today and will continue it for the next 4 weeks. I did three, 3 exercise circuits. Total time for that part was right at 45 minutes. Also did some zone 1 cardio and stretched. Im already sore everwhere, lol. It was obviously time to mix things up! Tomorrow will be back and cardio. Also, Im going to cut my calories for the next 4 weeks while lowering carbs and fat.

Comment

I don’t post here much but started working out again and eating right in March. I’m down almost 40 lbs. I have a new goal. And plan to lose another 20-30.

Lots of push ups. Jumping jacks. Ab workouts. And my Bowflex M5. Did a 9 mile hike last week. That was fun but kicked my ***. Glad to know I can still put miles on my boots non stop.

I did cheat hard today. Pizza! And whiskey haha. Body felt weird. Haven’t been sleeping good. So I needed a reset. I did one hell of a 2 hour workout this morning. Hit it hard again tomorrow. And on night shift. I have an issue of not taking days off to rest. I feel like I don’t accomplish anything taking rest days but forcing myself as I know it’s needed.

Comment

I like a toddy or two in the evening after I get home from work, but I know it messes with my sleep pattern and makes me get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I'm going to make a concerted effort to refrain from the toddies for awhile.

Chest and biceps 5X5 today.

Incline chest press on smith/preacher curl
              DB bench press/hammer curl/leg raise
              Decline bench press/BB curl/hanging leg raise
              DB incline fly/overhead cable curls

Shoulder and leg day tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                I like a toddy or two in the evening after I get home from work, but I know it messes with my sleep pattern and makes me get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I'm going to make a concerted effort to refrain from the toddies for awhile.
                Im with you on this. Most of the time when I drink any type of alcohol, I will wake up around 3am and be awake for a couple hours. It is beginning to override my desire to enjoy a few in the evenings. Sucks getting old!

Comment

Dangit, I must have been sleeping really well because I turned off my alarm when it went off rather than hitting the snooze. Back at it tomorrow.

Comment

cardio yesterday
                    legs and shoulders today.

Comment

Chest and triceps today. 5X5 on chest and 5X8-10 on triceps.

Incline bench on smith/weighted dips/incline sit up
                      Bench press inverse grip/skull crusher/leg raise
                      DB bench press/cable pushdown pronated and supinated grip
                      Incline cable fly every setting to flat/cable kickback

I missed Wednesday so I'll try and catch up tomorrow with shoulders back and legs.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        I don’t post here much but started working out again and eating right in March. I’m down almost 40 lbs. I have a new goal. And plan to lose another 20-30.

Lots of push ups. Jumping jacks. Ab workouts. And my Bowflex M5. Did a 9 mile hike last week. That was fun but kicked my ***. Glad to know I can still put miles on my boots non stop.

I did cheat hard today. Pizza! And whiskey haha. Body felt weird. Haven’t been sleeping good. So I needed a reset. I did one hell of a 2 hour workout this morning. Hit it hard again tomorrow. And on night shift. I have an issue of not taking days off to rest. I feel like I don’t accomplish anything taking rest days but forcing myself as I know it’s needed.
                        Way to go! You are killing it with that kind of weight loss. Keep us posted as you move toward your goals. I've been plagued with nagging injuries that have kept me from running here lately. Sucks getting older but I'm not giving up.

Comment

This HIIT stuff is an *** kicker, lol. I made it through another session! Tomorrow will be some legs and shoulders and 30 minutes of cardio. Then it's the weekend baby!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            This HIIT stuff is an *** kicker, lol. I made it through another session! Tomorrow will be some legs and shoulders and 30 minutes of cardio. Then it's the weekend baby!
                            I can't seem to get into that stuff. Sometimes I get a wild hair to do something completely different from what I'm used to and I'll dive off into HIIT, but not for very long. My wife does crossfit stuff with several people in the morning while I pick stuff up and put it back down. They keep trying to get me in there, but I just laugh at them and say, "Nope!"

Back and leg supersets today. 5X5 with a little ab work mixed in.

T-bar row/sled leg press/calf raises/ab roller
                            Bent over BB row inverse grip/supersquat/standing calf raise
                            Weighted pull up/leg extension/incline situp
                            Land mine strip sets/prone leg curl

Bring on the weekend!

Comment

Thursday was chest, missed yesterday but today was arms and cardio

Comment

I missed yesterday for going to the new lease and checking it out. It's gonna be awesome I believe.

Mae it in this morning despite my darn dog waking me up every couple of hours. Still working on 5x5 and got it all done. Chest and biceps. 5x5 on chest and 5x8 on biceps with some ab work thrown in for good measure.

Incline chest press on smith machine/preacher curl/incline sit-up
                                Bench press/hammer curl bar/ab roller
                                Inverse grip bench press/arm blaster curls/hanging leg raise
                                Incline DB fly/overhead cable curls

Tomorrow is either back and leg day or just leg day.

Comment

Working...
                                X