No announcement yet.

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leg day didn't suck as bad as I thought it would, but it was still leg day. Back and leg supersets 3X10.

Seated row/sled leg press/calf raise/incline situp
    Bent over BB row inverted grip/super squat/cable rotation
    Body weight pull up/leg extension/weighted crunch
    Cable pull down/prone leg curl

Shoulders and triceps tomorrow.

Comment

My dad passed away last Thursday and then had a 2 day offshore trip Sunday Monday. 1 week later, leg day done as well as abs. Felt good to be back in a routine.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        My dad passed away last Thursday and then had a 2 day offshore trip Sunday Monday. 1 week later, leg day done as well as abs. Felt good to be back in a routine.
        My sincere condolences on the loss of your father rtp.

Drug my self in this morning and got it done. I did a giant set of chest, triceps and shoulders. A little ab work mixed in. 4X10

Military press/incline DB chest press/overhead rope extension/incline sit up
        Lateral raise/inverse grip bench press/weighted dip/ab roller
        Incline DB fly/Rear delt DB fly/cable kickback

Back and legs tomorrow.

Comment

I'm dragging today, but still got it done. Thank goodness for preworkout and coffee! LOL! I started running out of steam near the end and left some of the leg work out. I tweaked my hip on Wednesday and it's still giving me problems.

Lat pulldown neutral grip/BB curl/incline sit up
          Bent over row with hex bar/hammer curl bar/deadlift/ab roller
          Bodyweight pullups/prone leg curl/curl bar with handles
          Bodyweight v-bar pullups/overhead cable curl

Staying awake at work is going to be a challenge today. Ya'll have a safe weekend!

Comment

I started a new program today sort of. I've done it sparingly just to do something different, but now I'm going to do it as recommended for 1 month. One month of 5X5. I'll still superset it so I can maximize my time. Chest, biceps and abs today.

Incline chest press on smith machine/preacher curl/incline situp
            Inverse grip bench press/BB curl/ab roller
            DB bench press/hammer curl/hanging leg raise
            Incline DB fly/incline concentration curl

I've been taking Gaspari Nutrition Superpump Aggression preworkout and creatine. Anyone tried one of the "stacks" that you see on FB? Vintage Muscle and Primal Muscle are two that come to mind.

Comment

Agreed to join my sister on a half marathon in September. Shifted focus to running. This will be a new challenge for me.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                Still hitting it 6-7 days a week. Changes up routine a few weeks backs and hitting all major body parts each workout for one set. Still figuring out which exercises to pair up, but I’m liking the change. If anyone has any full body routines they’d like to share, I’m all ears.
                I follow a full body routine by MAPS Fitness called Anabolic. I like it alot. PM me if you want some more info on it.

Comment

Shoulders and legs day. Got a little ab work in as well. Still 5X5, but 5X10-12 on abs.

Read delt DB fly/leg extension/incline situp
                  DB lateral raise/sled leg press/calf raise/hanging leg raise
                  DB shoulder press/super squat/standing calf raise/cable rotations
                  Military press/prone leg curl

Back and triceps tomorrow.

Comment

A good way to get the day started. Back and tricep supersets. 5X5 on back and 5X8-10 on triceps.

T-bar row/cable pushdown pronated grip/incline situp
                    BB row inverse grip/weighted dip/ab roller
                    Weighted pullup/overhead rope extension
                    Low row/cable kickback

Comment

2021 Workout accountability thread...

Leg day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by rtp; 06-23-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Ive been MIA since last Thursday (4 days on the devil river doing a 26 mile trip). Slept in yesterday but made it this AM and feels good to be back in the Gym.

Arms and more cardio tomorrow.

Comment

Ok ladies and gents, the first 6 months of the year is almost over. Let's update our goals and our progress towards those goals.

I haven't measured my BF yet, but I've lost 15 pounds, going from 248 to 233 this morning. I've got to see what my 1 rep max for bench press is in the next week. The goal is still to bench 300 and I'm pretty sure I'm close to that.

Sleep is a good thing. Been hitting the sack by 830 every night this week and have been sleeping pretty much through the night unless my bladder wakes me up.

Chest and bicep supersets this morning. 5X5 for a month, but the last movement today had to be 3X10 since I was running out of time.

Incline bench press on smith/preacher curl/incline sit up
                          DB bench press/BB curl/incline leg raise
                          Seated wide grip chest press/hammer curl/weighted crunch
                          Incline DB fly/curl bar with handles

Legs and shoulders tomorrow to finish off the week.

Comment

Made it again this am.

Legs and shoulders tomorrow!

Comment

I made it, but didn't stick with my 5X5 plan. I was all over the freakin' place. Back, shoulders, chest , biceps...Now I'm having muscle spasms in my lower back. Here's hoping the aleve kicks in pretty quick!

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                                Ok ladies and gents, the first 6 months of the year is almost over. Let's update our goals and our progress towards those goals.
                                My goal is to make it through the year without a surgery. Half way there lol. I will say even though my weight is only slightly down from Jan 1, my clothes fit way different. Most of my shorts are pretty baggy now. Getting close to needing a smaller size. Tomorrow will be my last day of lifting heavy(for me) with lower reps. Monday Im going to start doing more total body stuff and upping the cardio until the end of July. Im also going to reduce calories and carbs as well. I will then be on a 3 week vacation to Tahoe so no working out other than just being active outside. After that I'll spend the next 4 weeks getting ready for my Elk hunt in Montana. So that will take me to Oct. Oct-Dec......get fat again. Jan, start over.

Comment

Working...
                                X