Big East Texas Bucks Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Dead on. If I could only hunt two weeks of the year, it would be last week of Dec and first week of Jan.

Man with your experience and knowledge it just seems like a weird time of the year. We usually hunt New Years time frame and see very little. With that being said we are still in the same stands looking at the same feeder. Your hand corn info years back has completely changed the game come late August early September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s a few more

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
        Man with your experience and knowledge it just seems like a weird time of the year. We usually hunt New Years time frame and see very little. With that being said we are still in the same stands looking at the same feeder. Your hand corn info years back has completely changed the game come late August early September.

Do you start hand corning around early September? I’m planning on setting up a pen for hand corn soon way back in the woods and wasn’t sure when I should start throwing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

The later in the year it gets, the more bucks get pushed off folks feeders and into my sanctuaries. Bachaelor groups of studs rolling in all hours of the day.

Comment

here's a few of mine from a few years back
            I got the first and third one the middle one sneaked by lol
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              Do you start hand corning around early September? I’m planning on setting up a pen for hand corn soon way back in the woods and wasn’t sure when I should start throwing it out.

The later in the year it gets, the more bucks get pushed off folks feeders and into my sanctuaries. Bachaelor groups of studs rolling in all hours of the day.
              For hand corn, do you guys use plain ol corn only or do you use flavored stuff like Flavored corn or flavored rice bran?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                For hand corn, do you guys use plain ol corn only or do you use flavored stuff like Flavored corn or flavored rice bran?
                I have been known to spray vanilla extract on mine.

Comment

Makes complete sense!

Comment

Does anyone have any current antler growth pics from some east Texas bucks? I’d like to compare the progress to some of our bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                      Does anyone have any current antler growth pics from some east Texas bucks? I’d like to compare the progress to some of our bucks.

Of course not. There are no deer in East Texas. The last buck pics we had were from 4-6 years ago lol

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                        Of course not. There are no deer in East Texas. The last buck pics we had were from 4-6 years ago lol
                        Yep. Same here

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post

Hell I'm still two months out before I hang the first camera lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	24654201

What about a Mega Spike?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-02 02-23-12 M 1_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB