Summer Showcase Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Showcase Baseball

Anyone playing summer showcase baseball yet? We are 3 tournaments in and it’s been pretty good. We have been playing 5 Tool and 2D sports and all the fields have been pretty nice and pretty good competition. My son is a 2024, but has been play 2023 group for better experience for HS ball.

No more for me. My kid flew into Maryland today and pitched an inning tonight for the team he was placed on. I can say skipping some of those July weekends is not gonna hurt my feelings. Enjoy it - time goes by quick. We may go up the Maryland for a week and watch some but it will be different

Comment

First tournament for my boy this weekend and so far so good. He was in Cameron TX yesterday and Belton at MHBU today. They are back in Cameron tomorrow. Summer ball is a different animal for sure, but I enjoy how laid back it is. My boy is playing on a 2023 team for USA Prime. Who are you guys with Grant?

Comment

We were canceled last weekend in Schulenberg La Grange area and jumped in the 17/18 bracket in Cleburne last weekend. This weekend we’re back in La Grange and Schulenberg getting ready for 5 Tool in Melissa all next week. We’ve seen one good arm this weekend 1st game, he only went 50-60 pitches in prep for 5 Tool next week as well….. best team I’ve had in about a decade, will be a fun summer…. I have a new 16 year old group every summer.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
          We were canceled last weekend in Schulenberg La Grange area and jumped in the 17/18 bracket in Cleburne last weekend. This weekend we’re back in La Grange and Schulenberg getting ready for 5 Tool in Melissa all next week. We’ve seen one good arm this weekend 1st game, he only went 50-60 pitches in prep for 5 Tool next week as well….. best team I’ve had in about a decade, will be a fun summer…. I have a new 16 year old group every summer.
          What's your team's name?

Comment

Waco Storm Astros. We have a few different 16’s, we had a prime team out of Houston second game yesterday. Pretty good ball club, I enjoyed their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
              First tournament for my boy this weekend and so far so good. He was in Cameron TX yesterday and Belton at MHBU today. They are back in Cameron tomorrow. Summer ball is a different animal for sure, but I enjoy how laid back it is. My boy is playing on a 2023 team for USA Prime. Who are you guys with Grant?
              We are on a 2023 team at Dynasty in Kingwood.

Comment

Well we are off to Louisiana again next week. We will be at MaNeese,Lamar and Westfield hope the big kid keeps it going. He is having a blast playing against these older young men.

Comment

My kid is 2023 and we got spanked our first tournament a few weeks ago 0-4. Got to play at DBU today and won. So good start to this tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                    Waco Storm Astros. We have a few different 16’s, we had a prime team out of Houston second game yesterday. Pretty good ball club, I enjoyed their coach.
                    Was the coach's name Johan? My son played on that team last summer, but is on a different 16u Prime team this summer. If you guys played Johan's team they are a salty little squad.

Comment

Gents, as a guy who played baseball every weekend from the time I was an 8th grader until I got out of high school. I mean every weekend unless the weather sucked and a tourney got canceled… then was fortunate to play through out college. Make sure your boys WANT to play as much as they are about to start playing. I loved the game, loved the relationships I formed through the game, and got a lot out of the game. But I had zero life outside of baseball for those years that I pursued it. Looking back I realize that I was pushed and made to feel like baseball was life. If I was slumping at the plate my home life was solely focused on why I was slumping. I’m thankful that I was able to travel and get in front of the right people to help me along in my career, but sometimes I wonder if it was all worth it. It takes work and sacrifice from the parents and the kids to be successful these days. Just make sure your kids know that you are on their side whether they play ball or not. It’ll mean a whole heck of a lot to them.

Comment

Jacker i could not agree more. I went through it. Kid just went through it and is actually in Maryland playing for his “Summer Off” time. We dont talk much baseball and when he was younger and traveling everywhere we went to places to eat that were on Food Network. I tried to make it not about baseball as much as I could.

Comment

Solid advice from Jaker......absolutely nailed it!

Comment

Jaker is correct and my son went though it all but If I had to do it all over I'd spend all that money on lessons and let him play with his friends. Lessons will get them good and if they are good the right people will find them in High School.

Comment

Just got home from the Pudge Rodriguez World Series in Melissa. Impressive group of 2023 teams. College coaches were packed in there every day. Back to Tomball next weekend. Ready for September 1st so we can go see some schools and get this over with.

Comment

Working...
                              X