2021 Meat Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
    $1200 for 2 Axis Does ... Might as well go buy a Cow... I understand (Got an Environmental Degree with Wildlife Mgt ... ) die off from weather buts that just as bad as overpriced Ammo ...
    Just as bad?

Do you know how much money goes into feeding deer year round? To have a decent place one has to keep up with 5-10 feeders, box blinds (forbid you need to build a new one with todays lumber prices) bow stands, the place you want to stay in (costs don't stop during the 8 months that's not deer season), plus 1,000 other things you take for granted like brush clearing, the side x side that drives you to the stand/picks you up, water/well costs. Trust me it never ends.

I myself hate having to charge at all. And raising prices makes me lose sleep at night. But when I hit up the feed store and drop +/- $500 a month it takes a lot to make that back up Oct-Jan

I don't know what an axis is worth but I'd for sure pay $300 per doe myself. And that deal for WT does for $150 each I'd go pay that also..in a heartbeat. But how does that work? Where do you stay? Do they give you time to quarter/clean the doe or is it pull the trigger and get off the property?

Comment

Just booked a Ram Hunt for my Son and I can take 2 Whitetail does for $150 each. Free bunkhouse losing or get a room in town. You bring sleeping stuff and food.
      I understand THE COST especially EXOTICS but whitetail are native so besides terrain mgt ...no real cost.
      To each his own but I refuse to pay 1K for an axis or whitetail doe. ..

Comment

Just booked a Ram Hunt for my Son and I can take 2 Whitetail does for $150 each. Free bunkhouse losing or get a room in town. You bring sleeping stuff and food.
        I understand THE COST especially EXOTICS but whitetail are native so besides terrain mgt ...no real cost.
        To each his own but I refuse to pay 1K for an axis or whitetail doe. ..

Then don’t. No real cost for whitetail? Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just to let you know . I have 2 Bachelor Degrees ..Business Mgt & Environmental Science with wildlife mgt as a minor ..So yes I know the cost .. It's the Business end ..I have an issue with ..

Comment

Just to let you know . I have 2 Bachelor Degrees ..Business Mgt & Environmental Science with wildlife mgt as a minor ..So yes I know the cost .. It's the Business end ..I have an issue with ..

Simple solution to that. People undervalue others things and over values their own things. If it’s overpriced, don’t pay it. But if you’re running a business you charge what people pay and adjust what’s needed. There are price points for every type of business. Choose what you’d like. But don’t begrudge those who choose not to follow your idea of a business model. I think it’s insane for someone to have a 20k watch so I have a seiko. There are jumping off points for every product. I don’t have the degrees of a learned man, I am just telling how I see it. I like turtles [emoji217]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So explain this issue. You think people selling whitetail hunts are making too much money? Or you think they should sell for break even? or what?

Let us know how that ram hunt works out. I want to know how many white tail you have the chance to shoot for that price.

Comment

Yeah .. Some people charge way too much ... That's why I got my own place where I can Take 5 - 10 pigs a Year and a few deer on good years. I got fed up with the lease prices ... etc. I understand $ but when you charge an outrageous price just like these Ammo companies are doing .. Yes some people will take the bait .. not me and that's OK if someone wants to pay $$$ The Ram Hunt will be great like it always is and the Doe hunt .. Very fair chase and a challenge .. Rant over and to each their own ,, Have a Good Season everyone ...

Comment

Yeah .. Some people charge way too much ... That's why I got my own place where I can Take 5 - 10 pigs a Year and a few deer on good years. I got fed up with the lease prices ... etc. I understand $ but when you charge an outrageous price just like these Ammo companies are doing .. Yes some people will take the bait .. not me and that's OK if someone wants to pay $$$ The Ram Hunt will be great like it always is and the Doe hunt .. Very fair chase and a challenge .. Rant over and to each their own ,, Have a Good Season everyone ...
                  Explain how much these ammo makers are making. What's an outrageous price for a doe hunt and why? If you understand the costs then you should understand a fair price.

In 4 years 2017-202 I netted a total profit of $1,800 I think you need to try and run a day lease, turn a profit, and then get back with me. It's 50x harder with more expenses than your school taught you.

Comment

Working...
                  X