how much engine(hp)for your buggies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much engine(hp)for your buggies?

I'm looking at the Defender max dps, or the Ranger Crew 1000. On a typical hunt I'll have 5 grown adults, and usually several deer and pigs loaded in the buggy. Is the HD 8 or the crew 570 enough power, or should I go HD10 or Crew 1000? There's everything from steep and rugged/rocky, to flat and really muddy. Do you guys with the smaller engine ever wish you would have gone bigger?

I have the HD8 crew, no lack of power when loaded (use low range), runs 60 MPH on a good road

Comment

1000xp or HD 10 if going with the crew

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
        I'm looking at the Defender max dps, or the Ranger Crew 1000. On a typical hunt I'll have 5 grown adults, and usually several deer and pigs loaded in the buggy. Is the HD 8 or the crew 570 enough power, or should I go HD10 or Crew 1000? There's everything from steep and rugged/rocky, to flat and really muddy. Do you guys with the smaller engine ever wish you would have gone bigger?
        Well I've never wished I would've gone smaller!

Comment

Got the HD10, 82hp is alright. 100 would be better.

Comment

Ranger 1000 and HD8 are comparable options where as the XP1000 and the HD10 are comparable. The HD8 and 1000 will do just fine, the XP and HD10 will do it just more efficient. But the cost goes up quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a can am Maverick that tuned....it is scary fast.....
              195 hp and had it to 75, with some pedal left

Comment

I have an HD8 DPS Crew and I've never felt it was under powered. I've had 5 adults and a bed full of pigs and still gotten up to 58 mph.

Comment

Honestly wouldn't even give the ranger a second thought if your deciding between that and a can am.

Comment

The 570 or HD8 will get it done without issue. You may not be able to run 60 while doing it though. Still not sure why someone needs to run 60+mph loaded down. Just asking for a tragedy.

Comment

I have had them all, the HD8 is by far in my opinion the best bang for the buck . As far as Polaris 570 goes there is no comparison as it is only a single cylinder which is very loud and under powered when compared to the rest . If you want a little more than the HD8 , then I would look hard at the hd10 as we just lined them up last weekend against the Xp1000 and was faster, quieter and when fully loaded it handled better . My buddy who has been a Polaris guy his whole life is now selling his xp for a CanAm . At the end of the day anything will haul a few sacks of corn and a few beer drinking buddies around the deer lease .

Comment

TTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As much as possible. That DOHC XP 1000 is a beast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

HD8 is more than enough unless you just feel like spending extra to say you have more power.

Comment

I personally went with the HD10 for the only reason of being quieter. From a power perspective I'm sure they would all work.

Comment

Working...
                              X