Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 02-09-2021, 12:37 AM   #6901
TxTyler
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tyler, Williamson, and Crockett County

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Figure I'll get some crypto without actually risking any money LOL

Anyone else want to mine on your phone the link is above. The more I read on it the more it looks like a legit company and what they're doing I'm pretty sure will spread and be used. Now if the coin Pi becomes valuable is a huge question.
I figured I'd give it a try as well and used your link. txtyler is my username on there. Not real sure how it all works yet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
TxTyler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 04:46 AM   #6902
TXhoghunter94
Ten Point

Hunt In: San Jacinto, Fayette, Leon, Real county TX

What are yall using besides binance now? I need to figure out how to get my trx out of binance...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
TXhoghunter94 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 05:15 AM   #6903
solocam_aggie
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bastrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
What are yall using besides binance now? I need to figure out how to get my trx out of binance...

If you do, please let me know how. I can't get mine out.

solocam_aggie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 05:19 AM   #6904
TXhoghunter94
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam_aggie View Post
If you do, please let me know how. I can't get mine out.

I just did a test moving some to kraken so we shall see, I still have access to my binance account though, I just couldn't sell anything on there...

Old 02-09-2021, 10:26 AM   #6905
Chad_E
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado Co.

I've been holding ADA, TRX, XRP, BCH and BTC since the last FOMO cycle back at the end of 2017. Finally turning around to a profit thanks to BTC.

I was just able to transfer my XRP out of Binance to Coinbase and TRX out of Binance to Bittrex this morning.
Chad_E is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 10:29 AM   #6906
TXhoghunter94
Ten Point

I was able to move all of my trx into kraken then sold it all for eth

Old 02-09-2021, 11:17 AM   #6907
rtarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa County

Has anyone tried using trading bots?

Use Bittrex referral code 5XP-UUP-NYP

Todd

Last edited by rtarcher; 02-09-2021 at 12:06 PM. Reason: grammer
rtarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #6908
hooligan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchard View Post
Anyone else watching this? Just hit 47k bout an hr ago.
Why would elon dump 1.5Billion in cash into BTC?
(1) see Kevin's answer above, it's spot on

(2) he's a brilliant marketer, by doing that he got a ton of attention and hype on cyrptos, same as he has been doing with tweeting about doge for a couple weeks. All of the sudden Telsa announces it will be taking Bitcoin as payment... Elon Musk is on another level
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 02:51 PM   #6909
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTyler View Post
I figured I'd give it a try as well and used your link. txtyler is my username on there. Not real sure how it all works yet.

Nice. It's interesting. I mined 100 coins already. Hope they're worth something one day.

Any one else that wants to mine using their phone look here
https://minepi.com/riverrat1 and use my username (riverrat1) as your invitation code

Does drain battery. It's just an Ap that runs and doesn't need to be open once started.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 03:51 PM   #6910
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Question

Is anyone using compound to earn interest on their crypto? I am interested but the final tutorial was paused (is temporarily unavailable) so I was left hanging on how to do it.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 03:56 PM   #6911
jer_james
Pope & Young

Has anyone effectively cashed out yet?

I’m just curious how this process is going to work.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 04:04 PM   #6912
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
Nice. It's interesting. I mined 100 coins already. Hope they're worth something one day.

https://minepi.com/riverrat1 and use my username (riverrat1) as your invitation code

Does drain battery. It's just an Ap that runs and doesn't need to be open once started.
Are you thinking you will get the total amount that you've mined? That it shows at the top...or are you mining those for "them" and you will get a piece of that number?
jshouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-09-2021, 04:57 PM   #6913
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post

Iím just curious how this process is going to work.
Just use a broker like Robinhood. Cash out is easy. I don't know about the other where you can trade lots of coins.

I wonder why Robinhood or another doesn't add more coins to be traded. Seems like that would draw in tons of investors to their platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshouse View Post
Are you thinking you will get the total amount that you've mined? That it shows at the top...or are you mining those for "them" and you will get a piece of that number?

You get what you mine. Question is how much will they be worth in 10 years. .000001 or $1,000
Old 02-09-2021, 05:25 PM   #6914
hooligan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post

Iím just curious how this process is going to work.
Coinbase is easy to cash out on. I still have stuff in binance but not the us version so I use a vpn to get around that issue. Havenít tried to cash out anything I have in there. I just use that account for pumps which has worked really well lately
Old 02-09-2021, 10:56 PM   #6915
TxTyler
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tyler, Williamson, and Crockett County

Quote:
Just use a broker like Robinhood. Cash out is easy. I don't know about the other where you can trade lots of coins.

I wonder why Robinhood or another doesn't add more coins to be traded. Seems like that would draw in tons of investors to their platform.

You get what you mine. Question is how much will they be worth in 10 years. .000001 or $1,000
From what I have read there are currently 12 million "pioneers". The goal is to get to 100 million pioneers/users. Once that happens, phase 3 will start. At that point whatever you have in pi will turn in to real currency. I believe they are hoping this happens in about a year. Who knows if it will take off like bitcoin, but it could. It was started by a professor at Stanford thay teaches crypto currency.

TxTyler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2021, 07:25 AM   #6916
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_E View Post
I was just able to transfer my XRP out of Binance to Coinbase and TRX out of Binance to Bittrex this morning.

I thought I'd finally taken all the steps to sell/get my stuff out of Binance, but now when I'm actually going to do it the Basic Security Verification doesn't have Texas listed in the states drop-down, so I can't even complete that.

God I hate Binance.

Edit: OK it looks like I have a $0 balance in the new Binance US system, but my old Binance account has all my stuff. Does anyone know how to get everythign transferred to from the old to the new system? Do I have to contact Binance support for that?

Last edited by Etxbuckman; 02-10-2021 at 07:28 AM.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2021, 09:54 AM   #6917
rtarcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: Atascosa County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxbuckman View Post
I thought I'd finally taken all the steps to sell/get my stuff out of Binance, but now when I'm actually going to do it the Basic Security Verification doesn't have Texas listed in the states drop-down, so I can't even complete that.

God I hate Binance.

Edit: OK it looks like I have a $0 balance in the new Binance US system, but my old Binance account has all my stuff. Does anyone know how to get everythign transferred to from the old to the new system? Do I have to contact Binance support for that?
Binance US is not available to Texas residents yet. I'm not sure if you found a work around for that yet. Can you not send your holdings from one address to another address? Have you tried Bittrex? I sent my holdings on Binance to Bittrex with out a problem. Please use my referral code if you go to Bittrex: Use Bittrex referral code 5XP-UUP-NYP

Todd
rtarcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #6918
Chad_E
Ten Point

Ya, like Todd stated, I transferred to Bittrex and GDAX using the created address to transfer. I hadn't logged onto Binance in literally 1.5 years. I logged on, went through where they said it wasn't available to US residence, didn't confirm/update my information, went to my holdings and transferred them.
Old 02-10-2021, 10:58 AM   #6919
Jtrage
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_E View Post
Ya, like Todd stated, I transferred to Bittrex and GDAX using the created address to transfer. I hadn't logged onto Binance in literally 1.5 years. I logged on, went through where they said it wasn't available to US residence, didn't confirm/update my information, went to my holdings and transferred them.
I did the same thing this week. I hadn't logged in or thought about it in over 1.5 years. I was able to transfer out to Bittrex from the original Binance.
Jtrage is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #6920
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:

Bump.

And who thinks BTC breaks 50k this weekend? I do. I can see 100k this year. Too many banks and rich people starting to buy. I hear Paypal is doing crypto now also and one major credit card company.
Old 02-12-2021, 02:40 PM   #6921
Chad_E
Ten Point

I sold my BTC earlier this week at 47,500. Been watching all week hoping for a bit of a dip. Who knows.

I've held ADA since 2018 as well. Making nice gains lately and there's talk of a nice year for them as well.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #6922
donpablo
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Is anyone using compound to earn interest on their crypto? I am interested but the final tutorial was paused (is temporarily unavailable) so I was left hanging on how to do it.
OK, I've been doing some research on reddit and apparently the fees (called gas) for lending are the same regardless of the amount you're depositing. Because these tend to be really high, the compound system isn't worth lending to unless you're investing a large sum.

IDK if I was the only one looking into this. Reddit's been helpful to learn but I still feel like I'm a kindergartener studying algebra. Lol.
Old 02-12-2021, 04:56 PM   #6923
clffrdfdge
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kempner Texas, Bandera Area

Trying to get what little I have out of Binance, transfer out to what? I want to get it to Bittrex .
clffrdfdge is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #6924
RascalArms
Pope & Young

BTC with another good run the last few days. Almost pegged $50k.
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2021, 03:37 PM   #6925
Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin and Argentina, Zambia, Kyrgyzstan

Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2021, 04:20 PM   #6926
hooligan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
what a day
Old 02-17-2021, 05:51 PM   #6927
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Have my small Robinhood account all in with LTC since $40 ish Looking good!
Old 02-19-2021, 12:05 PM   #6928
jbmorris5
Nubbin' Buck

Posting this because I have seen questions on here and other threads. I'm no expert at all but I started dabbling in crypto about 1.5 years ago and I started with just a couple hundos. I have built it up to close to $14k as of now give or take on the daily. There are many platforms for buying/selling/trading out there however some are very sketchy (security wise) and glitchy. The one I use currently is the Crypto.com app. Easy to use and has their own secure wallet that way you do not have to create one or store your assets somewhere else. Very easy to transfer funds to and from your fiat wallet and the bank. There is Binance US if your state allows it, however as of now Texas is not allowed. There is also Coinbase but it doens't offer very many coins compared to others and has fees. Let me know if you have any more questions and I will try to answer as I have learned some lessons along the way. Again I'm no expert I just started researching coins and projects and looking for ones that had strong teams behind them, legit partnerships, and real world use. I try to stay away from pump and dump useless coins like Doge, however when it is low you can make some $ when Elon tweets about it lol. I started in one coin that I patterned going up and down routinely 10-30 percent and I started taking those profit swings to increase my $. I then started to diversify into the real projects that I believed would succeed. I have done very well and so have a few buddies of mine. One buddy JShouse some of you guys may know has had a recent issue with his Crypto.com fiat wallet set up, but that is the only issue anyone I know has had with it. Could be combination of them being overwhelmed with the crazy market, covid, and maybe the bank who knows. I am currently holding and believe in the following projects: Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, Vechain, Synthetix, Icon, Celer Network, Elrond, The Graph, and Cardano. The market is super strong right now and the king Bitcoin is pumping again. Remember it is dominant so when it pumps it is good for the entire crypto market. When it settles then capital flows into Ethereum and the alt coins. Today would be a good day to guy alts.
jbmorris5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2021, 12:08 PM   #6929
jbmorris5
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Have my small Robinhood account all in with LTC since $40 ish Looking good!
LTC historically does very well in bull runs! Should do well.
jbmorris5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2021, 01:19 PM   #6930
ccallarman
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

If there is anyone wanting to cash out their BTC "gains" but avoid paying taxes on short/long term capital gains, shoot me a PM.
ccallarman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2021, 03:41 PM   #6931
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-19-2021, 08:16 PM   #6932
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post

Carry on.

Good grief
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-20-2021, 12:58 AM   #6933
donpablo
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmorris5 View Post
Posting this because I have seen questions on here and other threads. I'm no expert at all but I started dabbling in crypto about 1.5 years ago and I started with just a couple hundos. I have built it up to close to $14k as of now give or take on the daily. There are many platforms for buying/selling/trading out there however some are very sketchy (security wise) and glitchy. The one I use currently is the Crypto.com app. Easy to use and has their own secure wallet that way you do not have to create one or store your assets somewhere else. Very easy to transfer funds to and from your fiat wallet and the bank. There is Binance US if your state allows it, however as of now Texas is not allowed. There is also Coinbase but it doens't offer very many coins compared to others and has fees. Let me know if you have any more questions and I will try to answer as I have learned some lessons along the way. Again I'm no expert I just started researching coins and projects and looking for ones that had strong teams behind them, legit partnerships, and real world use. I try to stay away from pump and dump useless coins like Doge, however when it is low you can make some $ when Elon tweets about it lol. I started in one coin that I patterned going up and down routinely 10-30 percent and I started taking those profit swings to increase my $. I then started to diversify into the real projects that I believed would succeed. I have done very well and so have a few buddies of mine. One buddy JShouse some of you guys may know has had a recent issue with his Crypto.com fiat wallet set up, but that is the only issue anyone I know has had with it. Could be combination of them being overwhelmed with the crazy market, covid, and maybe the bank who knows. I am currently holding and believe in the following projects: Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, Vechain, Synthetix, Icon, Celer Network, Elrond, The Graph, and Cardano. The market is super strong right now and the king Bitcoin is pumping again. Remember it is dominant so when it pumps it is good for the entire crypto market. When it settles then capital flows into Ethereum and the alt coins. Today would be a good day to guy alts.
What do you think about Zcash? I know it's bad but I see the anonymous transfers as something that will be very appealing to many people for many reasons. Most of these will be bad things like paying for illegal goods or services and/or funding terrorists, spies, etc. However, I could also see this as becoming a means of skirting campaign finance laws as well as getting around liberal financial systems trying to shut down conservatives. I don't see how this one could not do well long term. You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post
Good grief
Hells yeah!
Old 02-20-2021, 07:42 AM   #6934
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
My first charting look says BTC will hit 50-60k

But I'm selling off stuff as I can because no matter what/when it will fall fast at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post

Carry on.

Keep up - It's $57,500 now. Going up almost as fast as inflation

I just wish silver would start it's rise to $200 As I sell LTC I may switch it all to SLV and SLV leap calls in my Robinhood account. I use Robinhood because I never look at it so I can actually hold and not sell.. Otherwise there's no way I could have held LTC from $40 and still holding.
Old 02-20-2021, 08:00 AM   #6935
KoonceCrushed
Four Point

Hunt In: Virginia, Maryland, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpablo View Post
Yes, Compound.Finance and aave.com. Earning 10+ % (Fluctuates Daily) these were the top two in terms of longevity and security.

These are on another level, far past coinbase pro and other wallets. This you need a hardware wallet and a lot of USDC or DAI and ETH for the transaction fees.
Not for the weary, do not do this unless you have a hardware wallet, my friend taught me to use Metamask extension on Google Chrome and my Trezor Hardware wallet.

https://app.compound.finance/

https://app.aave.com/

Depending on the amount invested the GAs Fees take a few days to earn back and then have to leave it long enough for the fees to withdraw it.

I only do Supply Side. This saves the additional gas fees for making it available for Collateral.
KoonceCrushed is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-05-2021, 10:08 PM   #6936
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Update - The Pi crypto (mining using your smartphone) is now beta testing their wallet. So it's becoming more legit by the day IMO.

If interested use the link below to check it out.
Follow this link https://minepi.com/riverrat1 and use my username (riverrat1) as your invitation code
Old 03-10-2021, 04:01 PM   #6937
ccallarman
Four Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccallarman View Post
If there is anyone wanting to cash out their BTC "gains" but avoid paying taxes on short/long term capital gains, shoot me a PM.
bump
ccallarman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2021, 08:45 AM   #6938
rtp
Pope & Young

Woke up to a 59k+ bitcoin today. Come on sucker break 60.
Old 03-13-2021, 11:51 AM   #6939
rtp
Pope & Young

Broke 60K. I hope it runs out a little bit now.
Old 03-13-2021, 01:37 PM   #6940
Dejashoot
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria

Nice! Good run
Dejashoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2021, 03:26 PM   #6941
super_dave
Pope & Young

Hunt In: West Texas

61,300. Keep going

super_dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-13-2021, 09:03 PM   #6942
Big Spec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas, Robertson & Zavala County

I started using voyager to trade. Refer from a buddy and it’s easy to deposit and withdraw. Also gave me $25 of bit coin and him $25 once I deposited funds. I am new to this but is very interesting. I use Robinhood also but voyager charges less fees. If anyone is interested use code 5BD83B you have to be verified and then you can use the app. It took a few days for mine to get verified. Up almost 50% today. As riverrat1 said I also started mining pi on the app for free. Hope it works out to something one day.
Ps voyager also pays interest on certain crypto’s!

Last edited by Big Spec; 03-13-2021 at 09:08 PM.
Big Spec is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2021, 10:53 PM   #6943
justintyme8303
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Any

bump
justintyme8303 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2021, 01:10 AM   #6944
jer_james
Pope & Young

Okay - I have a lot of XRP in bittrex and no idea how to get into my account with bittrex, haha
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #6945
Clintk
Eight Point

Hunt In: South Tx

Doge up big today
Clintk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2021, 09:09 PM   #6946
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

So Binance is effectively dead now, at least in Texas, correct?

So where are y’all buying this stuff through?
Old 04-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #6947
roygarcia54
Eight Point

Hunt In: La Trinidad Ranch

Dogecoin is crazy right now buy, buy, buy

roygarcia54 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2021, 03:00 PM   #6948
DedDuk
Six Point

Hunt In: East and West TX

Coinbase went IPO yesterday. Thoughts?
DedDuk is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #6949
80transam
Nubbin' Buck

If you're having issues getting the XRP out and in the bank, since XRP trading was suspended on many platforms I started using Uphold. Sure there are some fees to get there but i am more than covering fees on what I am making with XRP. I'll buy ETH or LTC on Coinbase and transfer to Uphold then convert to XRP and reverse to get back to the bank. ETH is faster than LTC.
80transam is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #6950
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80transam View Post
If you're having issues getting the XRP out and in the bank, since XRP trading was suspended on many platforms I started using Uphold. Sure there are some fees to get there but i am more than covering fees on what I am making with XRP. I'll buy ETH or LTC on Coinbase and transfer to Uphold then convert to XRP and reverse to get back to the bank. ETH is faster than LTC.
Is it easier to use than some of the other platforms (Binance, Bittrex, etc.)?