Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2021 Gardening Thread

Photos are not wanting to load.
    Last edited by ShoootLow; 04-12-2021, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Vegetable garden is doing good everything is taking of! Peppers and tomatoes are starting to bloom.

Just added another 3/4 acre to the garden plan on putting in 30-40 180’ rows of watermelon and cantaloupe to sell and adding some procut sunflowers as well, partnering up with a buddy of mine in the farmer market game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am trying so hard to stay as organic as possible but am losing the battle. We lost all our bok choy this weekend to bugs. Litterly ate them over night after me giving them a daily dose of neem oil. Last year we lost half our garden to squash bugs and other plant destroying bugs after trying a 100% organic regimen. Man I hate to break out the 7 dust but its getting to the point that its the only option if we want to garden in our particular area.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          I am trying so hard to stay as organic as possible but am losing the battle. We lost all our bok choy this weekend to bugs. Litterly ate them over night after me giving them a daily dose of neem oil. Last year we lost half our garden to squash bugs and other plant destroying bugs after trying a 100% organic regimen. Man I hate to break out the 7 dust but its getting to the point that its the only option if we want to garden in our particular area.

Have you tried floating row covers?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
            And 7 dust is only '5 dust' these days lol. But still the go to as far as I'm concerned

Comment

Hail storm last week took out a lot of my garden. Then my dog decided to play in there. And a half tailed squirrel thinks it's funny to dig up my plants. Have my sons be gun ready for him. Going tomorrow to buy replacements for what we lost.
              We have green beans, greens, cucumbers, jalapeños bells and bananas, eggplants, tomatoes purple Cherokee parks whoppers cherrys and celebrity's and trying watermelons and strawberries.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                Hail storm last week took out a lot of my garden. Then my dog decided to play in there. And a half tailed squirrel thinks it's funny to dig up my plants. Have my sons be gun ready for him. Going tomorrow to buy replacements for what we lost.
                We have green beans, greens, cucumbers, jalapeños bells and bananas, eggplants, tomatoes purple Cherokee parks whoppers cherrys and celebrity's and trying watermelons and strawberries.
                2 problems. You need to control your dog and you need to control the squirrels.

Never ending battle with the squirrels in my backyard garden. But I may or may not have a graveyard out there

Comment

Garden looking good. Tomatoes on all plants. Peppers on everything. Beans have been stunted for a 2 weeks but not dying. I’m expecting them the take off once it heats up. I believe I have some cross pollination on one of my peppers. Have what looks to be a bell pepper growing on my Bulgarian carrot pepper plant. It’s got bells to the left and right of it. I’m interested to see how this pans out. One of my tomato’s is over 48”. Using a super easy fertilizer this year. Myco+ fungi and complete crop. Both by element nutrients both fed together once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is anybody in the frost or freeze area on here? I hate I’m going to need to cover everything here in Paris. There saying 33 to 34 degrees here Wednesday morning

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      2 problems. You need to control your dog and you need to control the squirrels.

Never ending battle with the squirrels in my backyard garden. But I may or may not have a graveyard out there

Squirrels fit just fine, next to the beans and taters.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        Is anybody in the frost or freeze area on here? I hate I’m going to need to cover everything here in Paris. There saying 33 to 34 degrees here Wednesday morning
                        Yep. I've got the extra straw ready to throw over the plants tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                          Yes. Planning to get up early tomorrow and water everything

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                            Yep. I've got the extra straw ready to throw over the plants tomorrow evening.
                            Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
                            Yes. Planning to get up early tomorrow and water everything
                            I thought I saw on the news this morning that the frost/freeze will be tonight???

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                              I thought I saw on the news this morning that the frost/freeze will be tonight???
                              Yes it will be tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                Yes Tuesday night

Comment

Working...
                                X