No announcement yet.

2021 Crappie Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Saturday it was a ton of crappie and a few sandies. Today (Friday) it was just the opposite. Same location.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	crappie 04 21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	24648734

Hit Coffee Mill yesterday afternoon we ended the day with 50 crappie took home 21.

Comment

My dad is wanting to take a trip while the crappie are up shallow.

Where would y'all recommend going with an RV and an aluminum boat to catch bucoo sacalait?

We live just outside of waco. I'd love a Toledo Bend, Rayburn, or Dam B trip. But haven't been on either of the three in 10 plus years. Anything closer? Athens?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

They were on fire today at Bridgeport !
          Caught one almost 3 lbs.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            My dad is wanting to take a trip while the crappie are up shallow.

Where would y'all recommend going with an RV and an aluminum boat to catch bucoo sacalait?

We live just outside of waco. I'd love a Toledo Bend, Rayburn, or Dam B trip. But haven't been on either of the three in 10 plus years. Anything closer? Athens?

Navarro mills

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Navarro mills
              That's pretty close? What's the scenery like? Any nice RV parks?

Comment

My Nephew brought a buddy up and fished Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. I have a love hate relationship with spring. Every day is different. Friday afternoon they beat up a quick boat load on brush piles in 15 to 20 foot of water. Saturday there were no fish on brush pile at all. We moved out to the channel and shazam tons of fish in thirty foot of water. I fished Sunday on my own and caught a limit in under an hour off the same limb.
                Poked around a little in shallow water and caught and released fish all morning.

Name:	IMG_5537.jpg
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	24648825

Name:	IMG_5538.jpg
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	24648826

Name:	IMG_5542.jpg
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	24648827

Name:	IMG_5533.jpg
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	24648828

Name:	IMG_5528.jpg
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	24648829

Comment

WOW, Marty. You are putting a smack down on the huge crappie. Congratulations.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Soooo ready for the weekend to get after them. Hoping to hit the water friday after school, and repeat Saturday and Sunday.

I need some thumps.

Comment

Soooo ready for the weekend to get after them. Hoping to hit the water friday after school, and repeat Saturday and Sunday.

I need some thumps.

Good Luck and I hear you! I need some thumps in my life as well.

Comment

That's pretty close? What's the scenery like? Any nice RV parks?

Check out Liberty Hill. It should check a lot of boxes. Lake is small enough to cover in a smaller boat.

Explore Liberty Hill (Navarro Mills Lake) in Navarro Mills Lake, Texas with Recreation.gov. Liberty Hill Park is located on the southern shore of Navarro Mills Lake in central Texas. Visitors can enjoy a view of the lake from the facility and parti

Comment

Check out Liberty Hill. It should check a lot of boxes. Lake is small enough to cover in a smaller boat.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232622
                          Thanks. Sending to my dad. Looks cool. Gonna do some reading on fishing there tonight.

Comment

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/232622

I've slept at the Holiday Inn Express on Liberty Point a time or three.

Usually in the fall or winter.

Also got some nice pics of a Bald Eagle there that was after a fish that washed up on the shore below the bluff. I saw him go down. And I parked the truck and grabbed the cam. Sent the pics to the office by the dam. They wanted copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I've slept at the Holiday Inn Express on Liberty Point a time or three.

Usually in the fall or winter.

Also got some nice pics of a Bald Eagle there that was after a fish that washed up on the shore below the bluff. I saw him go down. And I parked the truck and grabbed the cam. Sent the pics to the office by the dam. They wanted copies.
                              I hear their continental breakfast is outstanding! [emoji1787]

Comment

I coulda stayed home and fished RC and had more fun!! Washington is ok but it’s no lake Grenada!! They do have cold Yuengling in MS so it’s not all bad!!

Comment

Working...
                                X