Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
    Looks like a very useful tool!

One thing you may consider for next versions - What about some type of inflation pockets that aid in neck stabilization? Could be regulated inflated by a CO2 cartridge - realizing that speed is primary driver here.

Just a thought - disclaimer: I'm in no way a medical professional or a first responder of any type. Engineer so I always tinker.

Already in design, but also thinking of it for water extrications. Keep the head above water.

Comment

Originally posted by Texar View Post
      Looks great man!!! We have been using/training with nylon drag straps for several years on our tac team for extracting down/wounded folks.

And like someone else said..... making something pointed towards hunters/outdoorsman might be a good idea also.
      Most rescuers have, but not with a headrest or having their hands completely free. I also designed it so you can go forward instead of backing out. OR you can back out if the danger (enemy) is towards the victim, like combat or active shooter situations

Comment

A few more variations. ALL victims are 190+ lbs
        Attached Files

Comment

So simple, yet so clever.

I hope this is your ticket!
          Best of luck, sir!

Comment

^^ Thank you! I hope it saves people and the rest will take care of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
              Brilliant, now patent a camo one and you can target the hunters too.
              X2

Good luck, hope you make some money and your invention helps out when needed.

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Maybe even use the victim as a shield if taking fire! I'm kidding ....Great idea!

Comment

Used a similar setup in OEF 10

Comment

How are you ensuring an incapacitated person will actually be able to keep their arms rigid and down the side of their body? A limp person will have no muscular control over their arms as would a test subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Code View Post
                        How are you ensuring an incapacitated person will actually be able to keep their arms rigid and down the side of their body? A limp person will have no muscular control over their arms as would a test subject.
                        We have been testing for months and are very happy with the design. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_foot_ View Post
                          Used a similar setup in OEF 10
                          Cool, hope it worked!

Comment

Similar to what we did in Advanced Marine Fire Fighting School, but we used a strap under the victim's arms. This is a much better idea in my opinion. Very good idea man.

Comment

Have you done it with the victim wearing a 45 min bottle and a cairns?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by C.W.Ashby View Post
                                Most rescuers have, but not with a headrest or having their hands completely free. I also designed it so you can go forward instead of backing out. OR you can back out if the danger (enemy) is towards the victim, like combat or active shooter situations

You have a winner with his. The hands free option your design has is the ticket for sure... the 3-4 ways we use them, at least one person is out of the fight to get the downed person to safety.....and 2 if used as a “seat”.

Comment

Working...
                                X