No announcement yet.

Ridiculous Price on New trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 2016 we bought a double wide to live in while we built our house. 59k. The truck I just bought was 61k. Wife said it has no rooms and less wheels and you paid more than our house for it. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought a 2020 Chevy 1500 Custom for my wife (first new vehicle we have ever bought) on Feb 14 of 2020, right before the COVID Mania, paid 30.5k out the door, 2wd base model. New work truck is a 2021 1500 LTZ 4wd, 59k sticker. I’m feeling pretty good about it right now!

Comment

Loaded trucks now have tons of technology. If you build one with the technology of 10years ago they’re still affordable. You can’t just compare the same trim levels to years past but have to look at what they actually have in them.

I just got a new GMC 2500 at4 and they are flat out loaded with tons of features I’ve never had in a vehicle and it’s priced as such. I did wait until now while they’re offering 0% though

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          I seriously doubt anyone's price is locked quarterly right now. Our company's lumber pricing had been negotiated quarterly through a group buy until the last year. Now things are getting re-adjusted monthly. The market is just too volatile right now.
          You hit it on the head. I'm in the lumber industry as well and regardless of historical pricing, quarterly evaluation is out the window. No one is scared to lose business on quarterly pricing, much less weekly, on pricing right now because it will be higher tomorrow. It's unreal.

Comment

You can think your government partly on the cost of trucks. Especially diesels. All that EPA stuff they add every year adds up. Then you throw in all the gadgets and technology it adds up quick. That being said I hadn’t had a new truck in over 12 years. Was still driving the old 7.3. I was waiting on a F250 to come out and really catch my eye. I saw it on the lot and it’s now in my driveway. 2021 f250 Lariat Sport. I do get the A plan since the wife works for Ford so that helped a little. And i also has saved to put a much down on it. Can’t imagine financing the whole thing. I’ll go drive my 7.3 a few days then hop in the new one and drive it a few days. There’s a reason new ones are more expensive than 20 years ago. The difference is amazing. The 7.3 has since become a toy.[emoji6]

I love her. I named her Cracker.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              Some folks sure do worry a lot about what other folks do.
              It’s either beat up the keyboard or beat up the wife with these comments. Everything goes up roughly 10% a year but the salary. It’s been like this sense the ‘50’s/‘60’s. As long as we have cc’s or finance everything nothing going to change. Why should it change, people want to finance $20-30k instead of just paying cash and then b*#ch about prices are the problem.

Comment

I remember when a crew cab ford 4x4 new was 42,000 about 20 yrs ago, I thought dam that's a alot of money for a truck! Still wont pay that for a vehicle or a boat, I like older and clean and refuse to be in debted to the man, when this whole $hotshow collapses I wont be near as worried

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                  last year tiage ski boats sold out and none were to be found for sale. prices went up again
                  Guess it is a sellers market.
                  I have. 2006 Tige 21i if anyone is interested.

Comment

Inflation inflation inflation. Keep spending and printing money Dems. Next freeze we’ll be burning paper money to stay warm and it wont be the first time in geopolitical history.

Who is ready for $10/gal milk!

Look at the timelines for the money supply doubling. Hyper inflation is knocking on every Americans door.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-04-2021, 09:52 AM. Reason: HyperInflationSpake

Comment

I think I’m going to drive my 2013 f250 until it drops! May do like my high school days and get an engine from the wrecking yard when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                        I don't know. Last time I bought a truck was 2018. The only thing more ridiculous than new truck prices, was used truck prices. When it comes to a diesel at least.
                        This is the truth! there is little to no benefit of getting a used truck.
                        i saw a 2018 GMC Denalli with a little over 100K miles and they wanted $58K for it, then a 2019 F250 with 40K miles and they wanted $66K...
                        i'll spend the little bit more for brand new and better financing.

Comment

It all started when Urban Cowboy hit the big screen. Ever since then, everybody and their dog had to have a pickup.

Comment

I know used prices were crazy about 6 months ago, and still had massive rebates on the new stuff. I got within $1800 of what I paid BRAND NEW for my 2018 chevy Crew Cab LT, and over $12.5K off the 2020 GMC. I wasn't even looking to trade, but friend in the car business told me what our trucks were bringing. He and I bought the same type truck at the same time in 2018. He went with a new Dodge, but same story.

Comment

I got a steal on a truck last Sept. bought a 2016 3500HD DRW High Country Chevy with 14,000 miles on it. The guy that had it never reset the tripometer avg speed was 43mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                                I think I’m going to drive my 2013 f250 until it drops! May do like my high school days and get an engine from the wrecking yard when that happens.
                                Did this last year. Needed a valve job on my 300K Tundra. Found a newer Tundra in a yard and bought a 100K engine, transmission, transfer case, and the steering stuff...........

Cost a little more than the valve job..........

Comment

Working...
                                X