No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We finally lost power this morning, but it was only gone for an hour and a half. Can't believe how lucky we've been. As far as I know our water pipes are ok, but one burst at my Dad's house last night around 9pm. (he's 81) Quite a bit of water in a bathroom, two closets, and two bedrooms. Got it shut off as quick as I could.
    Hope everyone is doing ok and staying warm.

Comment

Next week, we will be wearing shorts and sun lotion on the boat in the afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Next week, we will be wearing shorts and sun lotion on the boat in the afternoon.
        Yes, and asking when the heat wave is gonna end.

Comment

I wonder how much runoff the lakes will get with the snow and ice melt. They have been holding steady.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            Please, no pics!

Comment

We are finding dozens of frozen birds at our house, how many deer died with this cold you think? Anyone here have experience on how the hunting was any worse after the 1989 freeze?

Comment

Deer will be fine as long as they have a food source, water, and deadfalls for shelter. Just look what they survive up in Canada. Even pigs have migrated their way up there. Back in '89, it was more about the deer surviving the poaching that was going on there. Deer hunting was limited to archery season only for the general public. Or a one week permit if you were drawn in the lottery for the general season. And you were only allowed to put in for two 1-week periods back then. There were only so many permits allowed per unit. And the poachers knew it. Nothing like today's population of hunters everywhere out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Please, no pics!

Don't be jealous!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss, Storm.

Lost my mom 51 years ago and I still miss her.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

JC

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your loss, Storm.

Lost my mom 51 years ago and I still miss her.

Hope everyone else is doing good.

JC
                      Thank you very much Coop.

Comment

Ok guys this will be the only time I will post this on this forum.
                        I plan on breeding my field trial dog this year , it may be a summer breeding or a winter breeding its up to her. I do have some requirements and this will be a quality breeding and will not be posted on any other sites til you guys have the first shot. The price won't change nor is this for everyone , send me a text at 817-718-6997 so I can let you know what I'm looking for.

Comment

To tease you guys my female is out of NFC Mickey and I'm going to breed to FC/AFC Mickey . My female is in field trial traing and will stay there til September if the breeding doesn't take . This will be a breeding of a NAFC and NFC offspring .

Comment

Done some traipsing around Aquilla since the season has been over, very nice looking. And for the guy with the climber, and why climbing sticks, I'm the handsome guy that walked by your camera this morning. And @3 other stands.

Looking forward to fall 2021.

Comment

Does anyone spring Turkey hunt at lake A and W?

Comment

There are a few who do. I usually see some turkey hunters every year I've camped at the W lake on opening day/weekend. And a few on the A lake. I've done my share of it too, when I was younger. Lots of pressure on opening weekend.
                                Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-24-2021, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X