No announcement yet.

My fall on the ice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never walk on snow or ice with your hands in your pockets.

A buddy of mine's girlfriend slipped and fell with her hands in her pockets and broke both elbows.

He became(maybe he already was) intimately familiar with her balloon knot since she could not wipe her own butt.

Comment

I fell like that when I was in ND, feet in front of me, landed on my back and right elbow. Knocked the breath out of me, and you just can’t suck in a lung full of air at -25*, it’s like breathing smoke. I literally crawled the 15/20 feet to the motel entrance to where I could breath some semi-warm air. I was only 35 at the time, today I’d just have to curl up and die.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
        Never walk on snow or ice with your hands in your pockets.

A buddy of mine's girlfriend slipped and fell with her hands in her pockets and broke both elbows.

He became(maybe he already was) intimately familiar with her balloon knot since she could not wipe her own butt.
        "Balloon knot"...what the he11??

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
          "Balloon knot"...what the he11??
          Starfish.

Comment

Glad it wasn’t worse

Comment

Glad you are ok. I know this old guy that wears a Bern bike helmet in the ice. He still had it on when he was moving his car and got t-boned by a truck and his head (helmet) smashed the window. Now he wears the thing everywhere he goes. He lives in PA.

Comment

I had a buddy that slipped and fell on his back so hard the impact moved his brain forward and broke his skull in the front....really bad stuff...

Comment

We lost power at 530 monday morning, and my smoke detectors go off. bolting down my stairs i go, with socks on, half asleep. Yes, i fell down the stairs and hurt my shoulder. It takes longer to heal at 50

Comment

I busted my arse too but unfortunately my doorbell camera didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      Starfish.
                      Rusty sheriffs badge

Comment

fell day one and thought I broke myself. Ended up in ER, nothing broke but dang I hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                          Rusty sheriffs badge
                          Leather cheerio

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                            So last Saturday I left the house at 0530 to get gas for the generator. Was walking around the back of my old Explorer, parked on a sloped driveway, and busted myself good. Feet out, horizontal in mid-air, and down he goes. Managed to get my arms back just a tad and cushioned the blow, but land on my back mostly and bounced my noggin on the concrete. Good LORD!

If had not had on a thick beanie I may seriously broken my head open. Could have laid there in the dark, on the ice, in the 5F temps till she came looking for me to take out the garbage or start the generator.

I'm still sore. Back, ribs, and head. What a hit.

61 is too old for this ****!
                            Ouch, that is like walking around the back of your truck at night and slamming your shin bone into the hitch

Comment

Working...
                            X