Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    I’ll trade you my opinion for $100
    I want to trade you 5 knives made in Pakistan. They are made of sharpless stainless.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHayBaler View Post
      I want to trade you 5 knives made in Pakistan. They are made of sharpless stainless.
      Lmao

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        $0.02 maybe?

Sorry Fishndude I had to!
        That’s a tad high.

Comment

Here's how I take it.... its basically just listing a price close to retail or what was paid so that folks know what would be an acceptable trade item value without adding some to the kitty.

Gun ad example: I'll take $200 for it but I paid $300 for it. My trade value is gonna be higher for folks so they know that I don't want their $200 gun they'd sell for $100 in this instance... If I can get cash I'll take a lesser amount so I can spend it how I want but we need to trade equal values...or you gotta add cash to even it out. makes perfect sense to me.

Say I have a $300 Seiko I would take $200 cash for. I'd only trade it for something of like value...I'm not going to trade it for a $200 Citizen somebody would sell for $100 and not get some added to the kitty. It just saves some negotiating time and fends off the jakelegs offering a pack of gum and a rubberband.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Here's how I take it.... its basically just listing a price close to retail or what was paid so that folks know what would be an acceptable trade item value without adding some to the kitty.

Gun ad example: I'll take $200 for it but I paid $300 for it. My trade value is gonna be higher for folks so they know that I don't want their $200 gun they'd sell for $100 in this instance... If I can get cash I'll take a lesser amount so I can spend it how I want but we need to trade equal values...or you gotta add cash to even it out. makes perfect sense to me.

Say I have a $300 Seiko I would take $200 cash for. I'd only trade it for something of like value...I'm not going to trade it for a $200 Citizen somebody would sell for $100 and not get some added to the kitty. It just saves some negotiating time and fends off the jakelegs offering a pack of gum and a rubberband.

If I have a gun that’s worth $300 cash and you have a gun that’s worth $300 cash is it acceptable to offer to trade even if the seller wants $350 trade value?

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
              If I have a gun that’s worth $300 cash and you have a gun that’s worth $300 cash is it acceptable to offer to trade even if the seller wants $350 trade value?

I would think if both guns are worth $300 cash they'd be similar trade values. The problem arises when somebody overvalues their lesser item...

Comment

I would think if both guns are worth $300 cash they'd be similar trade values. The problem arises when somebody overvalues their lesser item...

I agree. I just put a cash price and if someone offers to trade something a literal 30 second google search of their item will tell you what it’s worth.

Comment

Say some one wants to sell their Ruger 10/22 for $200 for the cash flexbility....but retail its worth $275-300. Somebody else who wanted a 10/22 instead settles for a $199 Marlin retail. They then see the $200 cash price of the Ruger and say hey, I'll trade you my Marlin straight up. I just paid $200 for it. This is a classic overvaluing of a lesser item in a trade.

Comment

Say some one wants to sell their Ruger 10/22 for $200 for the cash flexbility....but retail its worth $275-300. Somebody else who wanted a 10/22 instead settles for a $199 Marlin retail. They then see the $200 cash price of the Ruger and say hey, I'll trade you my Marlin straight up. I just paid $200 for it. This is a classic overvaluing of a lesser item in a trade.

Inflating the price of your item isn’t going to stop stupidity. Anybody that offers a gun that’s $200 new for a gun that’s $300 new should know better. If they don’t, your “trade value” means nothing to them.

Comment

I agree. I just put a cash price and if someone offers to trade something a literal 30 second google search of their item will tell you what it’s worth.

I agree but some folks who trade a lot stave off the lowballers by giving them a value that is acceptable....so as not to waste their time

Comment

Inflating the price of your item isn’t going to stop stupidity. Anybody that offers a gun that’s $200 new for a gun that’s $300 new should know better. If they don’t, your “trade value” means nothing to them.

It happens and its worth a shot.. Even a gill net full of ripped holes stops a few fish

Comment

It happens and its worth a shot.. Even a gill net full of ripped holes stops a few fish

True

What about the trade only guys? I’m not talking about ammo but other large things. I’ve seen multiple people post items like atvs for “trade only”. People ask them over and over how much cash and it’s not for sale, only trade. Never understood that either. Makes me think they only want to get rid of it if they can get more than it’s worth. I avoid the “trade only” sellers too. I’m not sure if they understand they can trade cash for anything they want. Lol

Comment

True

What about the trade only guys? I’m not talking about ammo but other large things. I’ve seen multiple people post items like atvs for “trade only”. People ask them over and over how much cash and it’s not for sale, only trade. Never understood that either. Makes me think they only want to get rid of it if they can get more than it’s worth. I avoid the “trade only” sellers too. I’m not sure if they understand they can trade cash for anything they want. Lol

My thought in that is some folks just like to dicker....and they feel like they can get a like value item trading versus taking the hit on the cash price and have to add to it to get what they want. But that's just a WAG! I've never been a trade only person.

Comment

And some want cash and won’t take a casher’s check.

Comment

Working...
                              X