No announcement yet.

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have one of the new Rattlers yet?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
      And this is exactly why I turn people away from cheap digital NV

Great for once shot in a stand. Thats about it
      Agreed that is is less than optimal but the fact of the matter is if you don't have thermal money then you don't have thermal money. A lot of people have had a lot of fun with digital nightvision and I would take it over staying at the house any day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        Hog my BIL shot a while back with his Wraith. We laugh when we see the video because after the shot it looks like the hog dissapeared lol. We found the hog about 50 yards away.

https://youtu.be/GaKlS8CCgG8
        Try moving the IR Illuminator. I had the same issues with my Wraith at first, whiteout on the shot was bad. The IR was mounted on top of the scope. I've moved the illuminator to below the barrel, close to muzzle, no more issues. My NV videos are much better. Also, I hardly ever use my original Wrath (4x), I have a new 2X Wraith and the added field of view helps.

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
          Try moving the IR Illuminator. I had the same issues with my Wraith at first, whiteout on the shot was bad. The IR was mounted on top of the scope. I've moved the illuminator to below the barrel, close to muzzle, no more issues. My NV videos are much better. Also, I hardly ever use my original Wrath (4x), I have a new 2X Wraith and the added field of view helps.
          Great point. I have read that several places but we have not tried it yet. We hunt in dense cedar country so it is usually 1 shot anyway but it will be better video for sure. The 2x would be a lot more usable for our hunting but it wasnt availible when my BIL bought his Wraith a couple years back.

Comment

The 2021 Thermal and Night Vision Thread

Comment

Great point. I have read that several places but we have not tried it yet. We hunt in dense cedar country so it is usually 1 shot anyway but it will be better video for sure. The 2x would be a lot more usable for our hunting but it wasnt availible when my BIL bought his Wraith a couple years back.
              Valid point!

Gotta find a way lol. Thermal can be had for $3k or so now

And I promise I make way less then people with digital NV

Comment

Originally posted by GregO View Post
                x2

Move the IR under the gun and start watching them fall in your scope.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Valid point!

Gotta find a way lol. Thermal can be had for $3k or so now

And I promise I make way less then people with digital NV
                  Agreed that thermal is the way to go for sure and it is super cool that there are more quality options at lower prices.

I understand there are a bunch of guys that upgrade from digital to thermal and then lower end thermal to higher end thermal. However there is an opposite (however not equal in numbers) end of that where folks are selling their digital, lower end thermal and even higher end thermals because they didnt use it as much as they originally intended.

I say all of this to say that I would not discourage a person from buying digital nightvision. If your budget is 1k or less then there is nothing wrong with the Wraith IMO.

Comment

Agreed that is is less than optimal but the fact of the matter is if you don't have thermal money then you don't have thermal money. A lot of people have had a lot of fun with digital nightvision and I would take it over staying at the house any day.
                    He seems to miss this point regularly. We all know thermal is better, but why bash on digital NV that gets people night hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      He seems to miss this point regularly. We all know thermal is better, but why bash on digital NV that gets people night hunting?
                      I would argue that I have had more fun with my old digisights than I have had with my Thermion XP50. Back then we were just messing around and having fun while not spending a bunch of money. With that said my XP50 isnt going anywhere lol.

I think that more hogs will be shot this year in the US with digital nightvision than thermal because there are an exponential more amount of digital scopes out there than thermals. Yes the 100 hogs down youtube videos are all thermal and the majority of videos you see slaughtering hogs are all thermal. What no one sees is the tens of thousands of folks out there that shoot 2-10 hogs a year with their digital nightvision scopes that don't make it to youtube.

Comment

I am beginning to think Pulsar is just some huge ponzi scheme. Announce a new model... take tons of backorders for it, then never produce enough to fill those backorders. But instead, announce a new model and take tons of backorders for the newer model and have people switch their original backorder to the newer model.

Click image for larger version

Name:	T2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	24645077

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                          I am beginning to think Pulsar is just some huge ponzi scheme. Announce a new model... take tons of backorders for it, then never produce enough to fill those backorders. But instead, announce a new model and take tons of backorders for the newer model and have people switch their original backorder to the newer model.

[ATTACH]1041454[/ATTACH]

It’s the curse of electronic gadgets. New tech every six months [emoji23]

I’m happy with my Trail XQ50 and hope to find it a running buddy once I get caught up on some things. Till then I’m killing hogs just as easily as a Nvision or trijicon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

my trijicon reap-ir is a few years old and still competes with everything else out there and then some .. i won't be upgrading any time soon , now that 1080p thermal is out , that will probably be next, when the price goes down ... till then i'm totally satisfied with my good ol reap-ir

Comment

still working out the external DVR business and not being able to edit the video on my mac without losing audio .. this was direct upload to youtube and video didn't lose audio , but got compressed some.. original was better and viewfinder blows them both away [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJT135z6PxY&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]Trijicon Reap-ir thermal scope test via external DVR - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                my trijicon reap-ir is a few years old and still competes with everything else out there and then some .. i won't be upgrading any time soon , now that 1080p thermal is out , that will probably be next, when the price goes down ... till then i'm totally satisfied with my good ol reap-ir
                                Amen on that! Can't beat it, yet

Comment

Working...
                                X