Basic stock trading for beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic stock trading for beginners

RiverRat asked me to start this thread in relation to the Penny Stock thread. If you have questions about where/how to get started, feel free to ask them here, but it can get complicated pretty quickly. I've always heard that the only dumb question is the one that isn't asked.

I'll start: where do you get your tips on a upcoming stock from? a news article? social media? Seems to me that timing is 75% of playing this game.

Following, always up to learn.

Comment

I’m using e trade app. Yesterday I couldn’t buy some stocks but not sure why. Is WeBull a better app for this?

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
        I’m using e trade app. Yesterday I couldn’t buy some stocks but not sure why. Is WeBull a better app for this?
        That's because these platforms limited certain stocks to help hedge funds folks out and curb the rise in price.

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
          That's because these platforms limited certain stocks to help hedge funds folks out and curb the rise in price.
          So at times I’m SOL? That ain’t right......bastages

Comment

So at times I’m SOL? That ain’t right......bastages
            yes....

Comment

Originally posted by Dugie View Post
              yes....
              Thanks for the info

Comment

Most likely you didn't have cash available for trading. When you buy and sell something there's a settlement period, which for stocks is trade day plus 3 says. You can't use the proceeds from a sell until the buy side settles. Also, if you have "new" funds in the account most firms have a hold against buying any OTC stocks for 3-5 days.

It's not a conspiracy to prevent you from trading.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpetera View Post
                  Most likely you didn't have cash available for trading. When you buy and sell something there's a settlement period, which for stocks is trade day plus 3 says. You can't use the proceeds from a sell until the buy side settles. Also, if you have "new" funds in the account most firms have a hold against buying any OTC stocks for 3-5 days.

It's not a conspiracy to prevent you from trading.
                  I think this is what happened. Thank you

Comment

Please note WeBull is China's app. It is part of their "WE" app line (WeChat, WeTransfer, etc...) I am not sure I would trust my investments/capital with the Chinese Government.

Comment

in for this one

Comment

I see mention of etrade and webull. What other apps are you guys using and prefer? I have had Robinhood for awhile but never used. Not cool what they did today but it looks like several did as well.

Comment

Eager to learn more about this. Been interested for a while and have never pulled the trigger but the past few days has sparked my interest for sure. Found a guy I work with that has been in the game for a while and he has offered some insight into what’s taking place. We all may rat a hunt of lifetime one of these days. Many thanks to him for offering this learning experience up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice. Maybe I can quit losing money now?

Comment

If you're new educate yourself on the PDT RULE

Comment

Working...
                              X