2021 Oilfield thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    It will in Texas. Federal lands are in trouble but that’s not much of Texas at all.

Good point

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      Edit wrong thread.
      Sorry....I wasn’t trying to be political. 19 years in oilfield sales, I like to think I’m more than qualified to give my opinion.

Nevermind.......I just got your post.
      Last edited by RLB; 01-08-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

With the price of oil continuing to climb, what are the chances of new wells being drilled? I had a land man contact me a while back but nothing ever came of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
          With the price of oil continuing to climb, what are the chances of new wells being drilled? I had a land man contact me a while back but nothing ever came of it.
          Depends on obligation to develop and that operators costs/budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            Exactly, there are still wells being popped as we speak. Hopefully they keep popping holes and pumping sand for another 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
              That's all Greek to me. I guess if I get another call from him it will be good news.

Comment

Won’t be good for us deep water guys in the GOM. I’m afraid over seas will be back in our future soon. As long as it’s not That crap hole Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                  Won’t be good for us deep water guys in the GOM. I’m afraid over seas will be back in our future soon. As long as it’s not That crap hole Africa.

Yep, my little company does well when deep water does well... That hasn't happened since Maconda and Obama shut down the GoM to deep water drilling and all the drill ships hauled *** to South America... Those things don't just stop and turn around and come runnin' back...

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    Looks like oil is on rise today!!! Currently over $51 at the moment. Let’s hope and pray it keeps on rising.
                    Amen!

Need it to keep rising, but also need more travel to start happening, or anything to deplete supplies.

I was lucky to keep my job through all last years nonsense, but we need motors in the ground if we wanna keep running a business

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                      Unfortunately, I'm doing exactly that.. On the rig in the GOM now but next hitch will be in Las Palmas for some shipyard time followed by a three year contract off of Senegal.

Comment

Sitting at $53.50 and steady rising. $70 oil can't come fast enough for me. I've had some really great calls this week and I am feeling hopeful for the first time in a nearly a year. Yesterday I told the wife she could put the Amazon app back on her phone. [emoji33] [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

This has really sucked for the last few years but hopefully a slower climb means more sustainable prices.

I think when the democrats “solve” all the covid issues and two their lemmings that it’s ok to go out into the world once again, we are going to see serious movement

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                            Unfortunately, I'm doing exactly that.. On the rig in the GOM now but next hitch will be in Las Palmas for some shipyard time followed by a three year contract off of Senegal.
                            Drilled a couple wells there then down to Benin for a couple years. Then off to the the other side in Tanzania. Pretty much all over that god forsaken place over a five year span. I assume you guys will install the Concertina wire and beef up the water cannons. Hope you guys get Phillipino or Maltese crews cause the locals suck bad. Los Palmas is nice though.

Comment

I've been out here in the thick of it since June and they sent us supervisors back out to the field. there has been a significant increase in activity since October, the rigs have nearly doubled between pecos and carlsbad and the parkinglots in town are getting full again.

Comment

Need to it go up, been the worst year financially of my life lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X