X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Gary!

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
      Job well done. I have a friend who would die of thirst before he'd drink that Gatorade.

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The past two weekends heading back to Sargent I've passed a parade of oyster boats going west in the evening. I love oysters but they've really changed that end of the bay.

So are you boating to West Matty from Sargent?

Comment

^^^ getting it started right!!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
            So are you boating to West Matty from Sargent?

I was fishing East Matty from Boggy to Chinquapin on the north shore. The oyster boats are going west on the ICW. I don't know where they were going.

Comment

I was fishing East Matty from Boggy to Chinquapin on the north shore. The oyster boats are going west on the ICW. I don't know where they were going.

10-4

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

I braved the cool weather to look for fish here in Rockport, and it was worth the trip! Now that we're living down here, I'm having a blast (literally, fishing among the duck hunters) learning tactics for the different seasons.

Enjoy the video!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUKDen6yHAs"]First Kayak Fishing Trip of 2021 for Winter Trout - YouTube[/ame]

In case you were wondering, I sautéd them in butter and bacon grease with a bit of cajun seasoning. Delicious!
                Last edited by goofiefoot; 01-07-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Favorite Corky recommendations please? I've never been a cold weather fisherman but might be going with a buddy this Saturday out of Galveston. I will for sure have DSL in multiple colors, strike pro hunchbacks and assorted topwaters in full and jr.

Seems I always here others using the corky's this time of year. Do I need to go buy a couple or am I good?

Oh, and I have a couple Vudu Shrimp already too Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                    Favorite Corky recommendations please? I've never been a cold weather fisherman but might be going with a buddy this Saturday out of Galveston. I will for sure have DSL in multiple colors, strike pro hunchbacks and assorted topwaters in full and jr.

Seems I always here others using the corky's this time of year. Do I need to go buy a couple or am I good?

Well dang you left out THE best Winter fishing lure there is off your list...

TroutSupport "Grasswalker"... Like them over Corky's for sure... but that's just me...

Comment

Corky fishing is too slow for me. Lol. I use the same thing I use all the time, just slow it down some. Hogie super minnow on a 1/16oz head and just slow crank it in.

Comment

Me to Philip,,, I ain't no Corky fisherman either!! Those TS lures sure work good for me rigged with a wide gap worm hook and neutral buoyancy... You can fish the whole water column with 'em 'til you find where they're at... I know you ain't no redfish guy, but walkin' the dog in the grass with them is pretty exciting when you run one in front of a big ol rootin' red... That pink one, they just cannot leave it alone!

Comment

A Fatboy or a Devil are the easiest to use, you can work them faster, the original will spin if you try to go to fast. I throw Corky's all year and don't slow down very much. The Trout Support lure is another I throw a lot, you can do a lot with it. I'm getting some pretty good trout right now on a Mirrolure Catch 5. The common thing with what we've all said is a bigger lure is better this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                            Me to Philip,,, I ain't no Corky fisherman either!! Those TS lures sure work good for me rigged with a wide gap worm hook and neutral buoyancy... You can fish the whole water column with 'em 'til you find where they're at... I know you ain't no redfish guy, but walkin' the dog in the grass with them is pretty exciting when you run one in front of a big ol rootin' red... That pink one, they just cannot leave it alone!
                            I like the silver glitter with the black tail. I caught and released a 6lb'er acouple weeks ago on one. When I hooked the fish 4 or 5 finger mullet came out of the water, it was chasing them and bit me instead. They're great around grass and shell like you said.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post

Haha!! This Vudu will get the job done!!!

I'll have to agree with most, those Corky's aren't for me but I really don't fish that cold water anyway.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I fish Corky's a lot, fatboys almost exclusively. The trout support lure is bad medicine as well, just a little different hookset, more like a bass hookset. I don't fish west galv but chicken on a chain or anything similar is almost always a good color on the east side. West Bay normally has a little better color so I'd go that direction or a little lighter in color. Anything you fish, fish it a little slower than normal. And as mentioned above, bigger is better in cold water. I'd leave the tops at home this weekend.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X