No announcement yet.

Butterball turkeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm trying out the Meat Church poultry brine this year.

Comment

I brined my 15# butterball turkey for 36 hrs then fried it and it was the best tasting turkey I’ve ever had. I will brine from here on out! My FIL brined for 14 hrs then smoked it on his Webber and it was dang good too.

Comment

Originally posted by wise1 View Post
        What’s the recipe for crab boil and beer?
        I'm sorry,
        That didn't read very well . No I meant look up the recipe.
        It has many unique flavors in the mix, including Crab Boil and beer, allspice, ground cloves ,honey etc.. its pretty dang good...

Comment

I did a Popeyes Cajun turkey this year. Just heat and eat and was awesome, lots of flavor and really juicy all the way thru

Comment

Just now seeing this, but I smoked a butterball for the first time this year. Brined it for 15 hrs and injected with Cajun butter. Covered in seasoning, smoked at 225 for a couple hours, then the next few on 350 until done. I sprayed it with apple juice a few times an hour after increasing the heat. I was winging it, but figured it couldn’t hurt to do so. It turned out to be one of the best things I’ve ever smoked, and we plan on this method going forward.

How’d yours turn out? What did you end up doing?

Comment

I just inject our butterball with butter and garlic and smoke at 250° for 2.5 hours or until temp is right. I have to carve it in a pan to catch all the juices that comes out. All 12 people here said it was the best turkey they've had. I've brine them before and didn't see a lot of benefits for the Butterball

Comment

Working...
              X