Mary’s in Strawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
    Who you trying to lie to Bob, we all know your legendary BBQ pickiness [emoji15][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Comparing different styles and regions and having a favorite does not make one picky. I can't remember having a bad meal or ever getting this crappy service people complain about. The last time I hit up Mc Donald's for a Mc Double I enjoyed it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Tarleton in Stephenville in the late 70 early 80 and I know I ate there just can't remember. We drank a little.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
        Try New York Hill on 20 in Thurber, it's goooood!
        They have awesome breakfast.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

No doubt Mary's is a shell of what it once was, but it's still good. Whoever, mentioned BJs in Mingus ain't lying. I will go out of my way to get a pie from there. Of course, 3 or 4 cold beers dont make it any worse

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
            I went to Tarleton in Stephenville in the late 70 early 80 and I know I ate there just can't remember. We drank a little.
            Where did you drank at. The Dodge House, The Pub, The Timbers, South Fork. I have closed them all down back in the day. We would go to the "Pit Grill" and eat after the bar closed. Good times.

Comment

I'm hungry for some New York Hill now!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                Is Jake and Dorthy’s still in Stephenville? They used to have great CFS! Haven’t eaten there in 30 years though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yep. And still in the family. Their daughter runs it now.

They'd always serve us after games when played in Stephenville.

Comment

I'll choose quality over quantity. Been several times but I'm done with it. Marginal at best CFS and sloooow service.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                    Is Jake and Dorthy’s still in Stephenville? They used to have great CFS! Haven’t eaten there in 30 years though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    It is still there. It is also hit or miss like Mary`s but they are a little pricey with smaller servings and no cold beer. I ate one of the best CFS there a couple of years ago and went back a few weeks later and it was very tough and undercooked. Nostalgia will keep them open for years as long as someone is willing and able to run it.

Comment

Ate many a meal at Mary’s, Jake & Dorothy’s, BJ’s, the Smokestack, New York Hill, Lyda’s Food Basket, Woody’s, Montana’s and a bunch of other places in that neck of the woods. Drank a few beers in Mingus, too. Usually with one eye checking my six. Lol. Not to mention all the bars in Stephenville.

Best chicken fried steak I have ever ate was at Woody’s several years ago... with Woody doing the actual cooking, IIRC. It was fantastic. I have never been able to catch it when it was as good since then.

Gonna try Jody’s in Temple. To whomever posted that, thanks for the heads up on that one.

Comment

Well how was it Rodney? We need a report.

Comment

Bill and Rosa’s Steakhouse in D’Hanis is still my favorite CFS, but I really want to try Marry’s in Strawn. Anyone that can cook a whole flank of beef chicken fried with gravy deserves respect lol. I’m gonna try it next time I am out that way

Comment

Originally posted by Daddypants View Post
                            Ate many a meal at Mary’s, Jake & Dorothy’s, BJ’s, the Smokestack, New York Hill, Lyda’s Food Basket, Woody’s, Montana’s and a bunch of other places in that neck of the woods. Drank a few beers in Mingus, too. Usually with one eye checking my six. Lol. Not to mention all the bars in Stephenville.

Best chicken fried steak I have ever ate was at Woody’s several years ago... with Woody doing the actual cooking, IIRC. It was fantastic. I have never been able to catch it when it was as good since then.

Gonna try Jody’s in Temple. To whomever posted that, thanks for the heads up on that one.

Jody’s is good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                              Well how was it Rodney? We need a report.
                              It was an exquisite dining experience in a small town off the highway.

I had 3 other guys with me, 2 had never been there. We drove in from the metromess to meet our other bud that moved to Bandera. We are all ex popo and we all worked together.

It took about 30 minutes to get a table. We were asked what we wanted to drink after about 5 minutes and the drinks were served in good time. We also placed our order when asked what we wanted to drink. 4 of us ordered the medium CFS, salad, and fries, one oddball made it difficult and ordered mashed taters instead of fries.

The dining room began to have turnover, this was at about 1:45. So we did see several other tables sat after we had ordered.

To make the story shorter, we, well most of us received our order after ordering 1 1/2 hours. 2 got their order, 5-10 minutes later 2 more got their order, then after talking to 3 waitress the last guy, which had never been there, got his order, probably 10 mins after we got ours.

All the others that came in after us was served before us and one of the parties was a table of 5 just like us.

As it was not a great experience for the 2 that had never been there, they did not complain about the quality of the groceries, except on the way home, 2 hours of hard gut packed driving.

The best part, we were able to be together after over a year and it was fun reliving memories.

Again, we enjoyed the food, but as some, a lot have said, the service is lacking, and in our case, p*** poor. Will I go back, probably, it’s a great experience to take folks there and watch their eyes bug out over the size of the portions. You just gotta know, which I did, it ain’t no fast food restaurant, which in our case was a good thing to be able to remember the good times.

Comment

We eat at Mary’s quite often. Usually fajitas and they are good. We eat at new York on the Hill a lot more and their CFS is on point and just as good.

Comment

Working...
                                X