No announcement yet.

The Remainder of the Season LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m back in the saddle boys. Burr and I took off this morning after our hunt and a breakfast to knock out a couple of deals. 2 of the hunters in camp (Paul and Charlie) offered to come with us and the help was very much appreciated! We got this tripod set up where I can watch the hedge row west of where I saw the buck yesterday evening and there’s a big drain that runs north and south over to my west. The we went over to the Kville pasture and raised the tank blind/ lag bolted it to the base. I’ve got a good view and can see a lot of country.

Wind is absolutely hammering. The weather man is at least 10mph off. 74° when I left the truck but supposed to cool off fairly quick this evening. Hang with me, I’ll update as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
      The weather man is at least 10mph off.
      He's off like that EVERY day around Shamrock. On my BIL's place, when the wind is blowing 25+ deer movement is slim to none in the more open areas. You'd think they'd be used to it. But they stay tight to the thicker brush and trees in the heavy wind. If you have a feeder on the downwind edge of some thick stuff, that might be money today.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
        He's off like that EVERY day around Shamrock. On my BIL's place, when the wind is blowing 25+ deer movement is slim to none in the more open areas. You'd think they'd be used to it. But they stay tight to the thicker brush and trees in the heavy wind. If you have a feeder on the downwind edge of some thick stuff, that might be money today.
        They definitely still move they just hold tighter to cover and low places. This big drain that snakes around to my west and south is ideal. It’s pretty deep and has several little oak mots on it and multiple sand plum thickets. The shelter belt to the south also provides a good wind break hence the 25 head of cows that just rolled up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          They definitely still move they just hold tighter to cover and low places. This big drain that snakes around to my west and south is ideal. It’s pretty deep and has several little oak mots on it and multiple sand plum thickets. The shelter belt to the south also provides a good wind break hence the 25 head of cows that just rolled up to it.
          Cows.....ugghhhh....

Comment

It’s only about 70° and I am absolutely freezing! This wind is cutting me in half. I can really see the feeder but it just went off. The bulk of the cows are back out on the oasture and away from the hedge row except for a dozen or so. If they’ll just move a little to the west pretty soon life will be good. No deer seen yet.

Comment

Got a single doe working the draw about 400yds out

Comment

2 more does in a different part of the draw. Just heard a shot from the neighbor’s place and shot him a txt. He responded that is was them “She shot that 9pt”. He’d sent me pics this morning asking if we’d seen him. I’m unclear if “she” is his wife/ girlfriend/ or daughter. He’s a really nice management type deer though.

Comment

Congrats to the neighbor. Nice to have people around you, that you can communicate with. Good luck

Comment

Cows finally moved on and instantly 3 does popped out on the hedge row.

Comment

Does are pouring out into the hedge row

Comment

Looks like a good place to test my 6.5

Comment

I’m absolutely covered up in does and 1 little buck. A handful of cows looks like they’re about to screw it up though.

Comment

Great hunt, saw a ton of deer. Maybe the most I’ve seen anywhere that wasn’t green field related. Headed out to grab hunters and back to canp to fry fish.

Comment

Hunters dropped off and I’m headed back to the same stand as yesterday. I have warmer clothes this morning!

Comment

Good luck amigo!
                                I’m ready for some cooler weather!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X