SETx rut report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SETx rut report

I would like to know what yall are seeing as far as trailing, chasing , fighting, etc. Newton, Jasper, Hardin and any of the other surrounding counties.

Thanx ahead of time.

Lots of pushing now. Lots of movement. I have not seen a hot doe yet but several dead doe on the road and some young buck too. Should bust loose any minute.

Comment

yesterday evening cams showed first signs of chasing, young bucks. 2-3 year olds. should be about a week or so out from big boys moving around. jasper county

Comment

Bucks are pushing in Leon co

Comment

I have not seen any does being pushed/chased on our club in Angelina. Nor have any of the dead bucks had any real dark or smelly tarsal glands. I killed an 8pt and an 11pt last week. Neither had a swollen neck or appeared to be close to rut ready.

Comment

Awesome! Thanx for the updates.

I had a buck come by me on Saturday, justa cruising. Small buck.

Comment

I am in Liberty County and they are in the peak of the rut right now on our place, if not the down side, which doesn’t always bode well, as they can get locked down a lot of times.

It was really active the past three weeks with a lot of bucks cruising, now, not so much.
              Last edited by Greenheadless; 11-02-2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                Lots of pushing now. Lots of movement. I have not seen a hot doe yet but several dead doe on the road and some young buck too. Should bust loose any minute.
                This is what I was seeing this weekend in Houston County.

Comment

I’m not seeing anything. Course I’m not in the woods as much as I’d like either.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                    I am in Liberty County and they are in the peak of the rut right now on our place, if not the down side, which doesn’t always bode well, as they can get locked down a lot of times.

It was really active the past three weeks with a lot of bucks cruising, now, not so much.

Same for me in Trinity county. Cams show lots of chasing last week, swollen necks, dark tarsals. This week, bucks were back on feed. At least the one i killed this morning was. He actually pushed three deer off the feeder before getting shot.

I did see one of our other hitlisters cruising looking for action. He was on a steady fast walk with his nose to the ground and turned away from me at 65 yds. He popped back out with a spike when i was dragging my deer and talking on the phone.

Rifle opener should be pretty good with the second stretch of later does coming into estrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting these pics as we speak. Funky bucks tarsals are hardly stained. They aught to be fighting, not having a dinner date.
                      Attached Files

Comment

SETx rut report

We had a youngish buck hit outside the neighborhood yesterday evening.
                        We rarely see deer along this stretch so I'm pretty sure he was chasing a smell on the other side of the road.
                        Harris County - Crosby.

Last edited by DaveC; 11-03-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Bucks are breeding does on our newton place and surrounding properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, great news. Its funny how it can be so close and so different in the same areas, even the same county.

TShelly, how close are you to us? We are just N of Newton

Comment

I've seen young bucks pushing doe around but nothing mature in Newton county. With that being said, that was a week ago. I havent seen a deer at my spots while in the woods hunting in 4 almost 5 days .

Comment

Working...
                              X