Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim_IV View Post
    That’s exactly what happened on one of my cans a month or so ago. Paperwork showed up without the stamp. I had to wait about four weeks for my dealer to send the paperwork back to the ATF and then them to send the stamp back to my dealer. My dealer said that was only the second time he’s ever seen that

Four weeks! Don’t tell me that, lol. My dealer said it’s only happened one other time to them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea I think it might have sat at my dealer for a week or so before I called and found out it was there

Comment

Form 4 trust
        Ordered 5/12/2020
        Check cashed 6/2/2020
        Picked up my can for my 338 Federal today 10/20/2020

Definitely speeding up on paperwork.

Comment

2 person trust
          Bought mid Jan20
          ATF approved 8/23
          In hand today

Comment

Bought my first one this week. Guess we'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Closetohome View Post
              Form 4 trust
              Ordered 5/12/2020
              Check cashed 6/2/2020
              Picked up my can for my 338 Federal today 10/20/2020

Definitely speeding up on paperwork.
              Wow. I ordered 4/28/20, Check didn't cash until 9/28...?

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                Wow. I ordered 4/28/20, Check didn't cash until 9/28...?
                Lost in mail or dealer did not submit? Or didn't do paperwork when ordered?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  Lost in mail or dealer did not submit? Or didn't do paperwork when ordered?

That’s what I am thinking as something from your dealers side didn’t happen. Could have been a suppressor not in stock and had to wait on a form 3 and get it in for paperwork to be submitted.

Comment

Sounds like you guys are having better luck than me... submitter Jan 2020, check cashed a few days later ( a weeks or so) ... currently still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                      Sounds like you guys are having better luck than me... submitter Jan 2020, check cashed a few days later ( a weeks or so) ... currently still waiting
                      i've been following the reddit/r/nfa sub closely the last couple of months. but, i've really only been paying attention to 2019s because i went pending 12/17/19.

in September there were 2 2019 approvals.
                      in October, 3 and 2 of those were over 400 day waits and the guys called spoke to an examiner to get it through.

but, now that you mention January 2020, i haven't seen many Jan 20 approvals either.

it seems if you bought in Feb and later that approvals are flying through the system. 5 months or less.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                        That’s what I am thinking as something from your dealers side didn’t happen. Could have been a suppressor not in stock and had to wait on a form 3 and get it in for paperwork to be submitted.

Dealer blamed it on Covid, said probably set on a desk for months.

Comment

HIS desk.

ATF has not slowed down on processing forms because of covid.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                            HIS desk.

ATF has not slowed down on processing forms because of covid.
                            Yep. Sped up if anything

Comment

He's not being entirely forthright with you.
                              As others have already stated, the check not being cashed until 9/28 on a 4/28 purchase is not on the gov't.

The dealer either didn't have the can in stock and had to wait until he got it to assign a S/N to the paperwork or just flat out didn't mail the docs. I purchased two right around the time you did and both of my checks were cashed within 2 weeks of being mailed out.

Comment

Form 4 check cashed March 28 and just found out my stamp was approved yesterday. Now the wait for the stamp to get to the dealer. I found out thru my form 1 placed May 19th, I sent "ask a question to the experts" on the NFA web site and the lady told me thru a email.

Comment

Working...
                                X