Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like surf fishing

Comment

The problem with ducks is every dude with a 14' aluminum boat thinks he has a duck boat and will run it across an open bay in the dark to kill a duck even in bad weather. I see little bitty low sided, narrow aluminum boats with small tiller steer motors loaded to the gills with 2-3 guys, 2 dogs and a pile of gear headed out into the darkness with a 20+ mph wind blowing. It is an absolute wonder that more don't die.

Comment

The key for boats like that is knowing your waters and conditions and staying protected. But yeah overloaded boats crossing unprotected is a bad recipe.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
          The problem with ducks is every dude with a 14' aluminum boat thinks he has a duck boat and will run it across an open bay in the dark to kill a duck even in bad weather. I see little bitty low sided, narrow aluminum boats with small tiller steer motors loaded to the gills with 2-3 guys, 2 dogs and a pile of gear headed out into the darkness with a 20+ mph wind blowing. It is an absolute wonder that more don't die.
          I’ve seen a lot of them boats in rock port crossing the bay it’s crazy and they don’t turn around

Comment

I definitely watch the weather a lot more than I used too. My boats not small. But we almost sank it in big lake a few thanksgivings ago. Caught on the east bank, weirs wont let you up in the marsh to escape. Broke pretty much everything mounted in my boat, all electronics, and probably wouldn't have made it back if I didn't have so much motor and a jack plate. We were sitting in calf deep water when we made it. I ran it up on the launch.

No interest in doing that again.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Port O. Around fish pond

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all can have those ducks, they taste like mud anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Y'all can have those ducks, they taste like mud anyway.
                  I used to just choke them down because I had to, but man we defrosted the last bag of duck breasts 2 weeks ago and they were fantastic. I have no idea what I did differently except splashing it with some Worcestershire sauce before grilling. The bag wasn't labeled which means it was likely a mix of random ducks probably even some Redheads in there.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    I used to just choke them down because I had to, but man we defrosted the last bag of duck breasts 2 weeks ago and they were fantastic. I have no idea what I did differently except splashing it with some Worcestershire sauce before grilling. The bag wasn't labeled which means it was likely a mix of random ducks probably even some Redheads in there.

I want whatever you were smokin’ [emoji51]

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                      I want whatever you were smokin’ [emoji51]
                      Duck breasts? We smoked duck breasts.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Duck breasts? We smoked duck breasts.

Lol...then whatever you were drinking to make them taste good!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                          Lol...then whatever you were drinking to make them taste good!
                          lol yeah that was probably Lonestar, could have been Skrewball though maybe that explains it.
                          The only thing I can think we did differently is last year we made a concerted effort to immediately clean birds.

Comment

Here are a few from the last few days.

Fished Sunday with a TBHer and his family. Always a fun time. We got to take some folks from way up north and introduce them to Texas bay fishing. It was alot of fun with some really good folks.

We had a few tough days and a few really good days. It's fishing.

I took a group from Texas Marine on Saturday and it wasn't bad.

And last but not least I fished with the Safe Floor crew this evening.

Fishing has been pretty good at times and frustrating at times. We have been getting them mainly on soft plastics under coastal corks but also on straight assassins and little johns.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                              Here are a few from the last few days.

Fished Sunday with a TBHer and his family. Always a fun time. We got to take some folks from way up north and introduce them to Texas bay fishing. It was alot of fun with some really good folks.

We had a few tough days and a few really good days. It's fishing.

I took a group from Texas Marine on Saturday and it wasn't bad.

And last but not least I fished with the Safe Floor crew this evening.

Fishing has been pretty good at times and frustrating at times. We have been getting them mainly on soft plastics under coastal corks but also on straight assassins and little johns.

Gotta take care of that Safe Floor crew! I still need to hit them up!

That’s good consistent catching for sure.

Comment

Yes sir, Brandon and his crew take care of me bigtime and I get 'em out fishing as much as I can. They are some really good guys and without a doubt I love their product. It'll be in my new boat for sure.

When you call and talk to Brandon tell him you are one of my fishing buddys and it'll for sure get you at least an extra 20% tacked on to the price.
                                Last edited by Capt Glenn; 11-03-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X